Polly's Gretsch

• Members

That looks like Sei's. He has Filtertrons in his, though. It's still worth waiting for him to walk in.

Who's Polly?

Hey thanks for replying... Polly is PJ Harvey. I'm a big fan of her and her music. I've never seen a Gretsch like hers and thought someone around here might know a thing or two about it.... so I can go find one!

PJ and John Peel - recording the Peel Sessions:

1402276544_l.jpg

• Members

It is a Gretsch Broadcaster from the mid to possibly late seventies. It was from the same era as the Super Axe.

Cool!! Thanks Roy. :thu::) Bingo! I was able to find a catalog reprint but I had to spell it "Broadkaster". I need to learn more about Gretsch guitars in general me thinks.

cat_1978gretch_page71.jpeg

• Members

someone call me? ah! pj harvery. fine lass. she always plays a ..a...cant recall. i think a silver jet. gretsch fan

screamcage. thansk for the heads up. so can i do faith?

I don't see any reason why not...Oh yeah, aside from the fact that it's 1. not a Wham! song, and 2. you know enough George Michael songs to be thinking about any of them. Do early Wham!, when they wanted to be Springsteen.

It's cool, though. GM is fine...but we're doing one of these again...

• Members

I was at that gig! Two+ hours of PJ with those funny purple domes in the background. Very cool night.

webby.jpg

Nice! I've seen her live twice... once opening for U2 (I only went to see Polly) and during Uh Huh Her tour in a small theatre. She's so awesome!

27d__pjadelaide31.jpg

I've never seen a Gretsch like that in person..... must find one like that.... the quest is on.....

• 1 year later...
  • Members

contrats! looks so awesome.
:love:
are those knobs original as well?

anyway, she's a kick-ass guitar player. very underrated one too.

Yes, completely original guitar in stock form.

It is fairly heavy (and large) despite having a short 24.5" scale. I wonder how Polly, being petite, plays hers.

Looks and sounds beautiful though........ I was very happy to find one thanks to a tip from someone on this forum. :cool:

• Members

Yes, completely original guitar in stock form.

It is fairly heavy (and large) despite having a short 24.5" scale. I wonder how Polly, being petite, plays hers.

Looks and sounds beautiful though........ I was very happy to find one thanks to a tip from someone on this forum.
:cool:

Let us know when you look as good as PJ when playing it :poke:

Also I :love: Polly I've got most of her albums think the Peel Sessions is the only one I'm missing

• Members

Let us know when you look as good as PJ when playing it :poke:

Also I
:love:
Polly I've got most of her albums think the Peel Sessions is the only one I'm missing

I'm a bit taller than her and my hair is much longer. :thu:

But let's watch her for now, shall we? :love:

ZXHZkQe8ntw

Archived