Got My EHX DRM16 Digital Rhythm Matrix Today!!

melx

• Members

07081417251400.jpg

It's great fun, it sounds like 'knock on wood' with the space drum switch on! The space drum swich adds an extra 'powwwww' into the beat. Turn it of for 'normal' drum sounds. (plip bop fizz)

It has three outputs 1 and 2 are both the same, in addition to that there is a 'Bass' output which sends the bass drum only, I set it up with 2 amps, 1 regular and one Bass so I could ajust the bass drum in relation to the rest.

07081417253300.jpg

The delete knob takes sounds out such as the cymbal and wood block. in the bottom position you just hear the bass and 'snare'. Fav beat 'shuffle' under misc! :lol:

07081417250500.jpg

sorry about the shit photos, bad camera phone with no daylight (pouring with rain)

When this arrived, I pluggged it in and it didn't work:cry:

I figured it might have got damaged in the post, but after a bit of messing I realised the power on switch was dodgy, a squirt of switch cleaner and 5 mins later it seems fine:thu:

The power light doesn't come on when you turn it on, it flashes at the end of every 4 bar rhythm. It's kinda feels like I should be handling this with care, it feels kinda old and fragile, I looked inside and the soldering looks like it was done by a chimp :lol:

My first proper vintage EHX Item and I love it so much:thu:

I'm gonna try running it through my small stone and q-tron next! 'whhoooossshhh, peeeyow'

....and no I'm not selling, unless you offer me stupid money of course;)

edit: p.s. the switches feel really cheap and nasty!

• Members

edit: p.s. the switches feel really cheap and nasty!

Those switches are always dodgy. I've repaired a few on mine because they were too loose or didn't work at all. Good news is that they are usually very easy to fix. Sometimes you just need a pair of needle-nose pliers to clamp the casing down tighter.

• Members

That sonicflux site hasn't been updated for years
:confused:

Have you seen this site yet?
http://www.keyboardmuseum.org/d_machines/drm16.html

hahahaha, that's pretty much what it sounds like:thu:

it sounds amazing through a small stone and big muff, dirty industrial :)

I no nothin' about sonicflux, apart from it's the only place I could find one selling one.

• Members

hahahaha, that's pretty much what it sounds like:thu:

it sounds amazing through a small stone and big muff, dirty industrial
:)

I no nothin' about sonicflux, apart from it's the only place I could find one selling one.

I love the sound of it! The (Disco I) setting reminds me of the song "FunkyTown" by Lipps, Inc.

It would be a blast to play through a MicroSynth with that.

• Members

I love the sound of it! The (Disco I) setting reminds me of the song "FunkyTown" by Lipps, Inc.

It would be a blast to play through a MicroSynth with that.

yeah, wouldn't it just! the Hog would be stupidly cool too!

Archived