Collapse
No announcement yet.

Digitech 944

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cable is nothing special. 3 circuit with 1/4 phone plugs. If that's Greek to you, I can make you one.
    DC in DC

Originally Posted by Mike Fiasco

DIY, the ultimate in wankery. Actually, wankery is the ultimate in DIY.

SPAM: My eBay Auctions!

My Good Dealings with, SPAM Thread, & Signature Quotes post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    HCEG PLATINUM TRADER

Comment

Thanks. I appreciate it. I couldn't remember if it was a special cord or not. I shouldn't have a problem finding one. Thanks for the offer on the cord.

Comment

Ok, maybe it wont be as easy as I thought. I have asked some people at some music stores and they are as clueless as I am. I have read packages and such but can find no indication that it is a 3 circuit cord. Are there any physical features with cord or the jack that would indicate that it is a 3 circuit cord?

Comment

I doubt you will find one, not much stuff will use something like that.

It's 1/4" TRS plugs on both ends, straight through. If that doesn't seem VERY clear to you, then I should just make you one.
          DC in DC

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          HCEG PLATINUM TRADER

Comment

I just noticed that I never posted my impressions of how it sounds.

The delay doesn't do a reverby sound very well, but it does do classic delay pretty well.

The distortion is nice. It's not tube crunch, it's distortion. Can get pretty high gainy, but not exactly liquid. I prefer it best turned all the way down, casue I'm not a big distortion fan. it does have a nice sound to it. I can see where the guy above is coming from.
            DC in DC

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            HCEG PLATINUM TRADER

Comment

I would appreciate that. If you can give me a price (including shipping of course) and postage information I will send the funds to you. Do you prefer a specific payment type (money order,paypal,cashier check or personal check)?

Comment

I found one! I decided to try one more music store and I got lucky. The guy I talked to new exactly what I needed and had one for $7.00. After talking to him, it turns out that the guy had played music with my dad and had known him for many years. Pretty cool. Anyway, thanks for the offer on the cord dcindc and thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I don't think I would have figured this out on my own. You da man!

Comment

Sweet!
                  DC in DC

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  HCEG PLATINUM TRADER

Comment

i got a 944 chain reaction for sale if anyone is interested.all works fine.the box was built into a crate with all cables conections all neat and tidy looking.got it on craigslist atm (NY catskills area)under music instruments for sale. or contact me @ daddoo4@msn.com
                    also have a BC RICH mockingbird there 2.

Comment

spam thread is spammy

Comment

I have had one since the late '80s. It always bothered me the way the digital display flickered between delay settings. It works fine though. When I bought this I had a Semoure Duncan convertible amp with interchangable preamp tube moduals. When I tried the distortion on the 944 through the clean channel that was it. From then on, I never used the lead channel on the Convertable. I didn't find a use for the EQ until a few years ago I had a Crate Shockwave head. By chance I dusted off the Chain Reaction but the footswitch cable didn't work. I decided to try a stereo cable and it worked. i think that is what the guy on the earlier post was trying to describe. The EQ made the Shockwave sound killer as did the delay. Last night I tried it with a V33. Again it sounded great. The distortion dials in a scooped metal but the lead notes sing clearly. It makes solos easier when the notes don't fart out. I'm keeping mine!

Comment

Just got one today. Bought it off ebay for $40 including shipping, and I cant wait to try it out. The good news is though that I do have the schematics for it (in pdf form) and I'll email it to anyone who needs it. Pm me for the schematics. The bad news is that I can't find the foot switch for it. Does anyone know if I can make a replacement for it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
                          WTB: Seymour Duncan Convertible Amp Modules. If you have any modules, please PM me with your asking price. Thank You

Good Traders: drivelikejoewho, BluesTuesday

Proud member of the Epiphone Empire

Comment

Working...
                          X