Best Distortion Pedal for a Marshall Plexi

Rockulus

• Members

I have a 1987x reissue Marshall and it sounds great without pedals. But I like the idea of having one in the loop anyway. My keeley tubescreamer, which sounds great on other amps, is a tone sucking machine with this Marshall. What do you suggest would work with this setup?

• Members

Thanks for your suggestions, (other than the attenuator). I'm definitely going to look into those pedals and pick one of them up. As money is not a factor in my ultimate marshall pedal search, I don't care if it's a ritzy handmade boutique or a made in a sweat shop Chinese.

• Members

I have a 1987x reissue Marshall and it sounds great without pedals. But I like the idea of having one in the loop anyway. My keeley tubescreamer, which sounds great on other amps, is a tone sucking machine with this Marshall. What do you suggest would work with this setup?

Don't put OD's distortion's or fuzz's in the loop:facepalm:

• Members

Ok I don't know much about your amp model, but I've researched Scott Henderson's rig some. He likes Plexi's, not sure which model, but I know he's used them in the past. I believe his current custom amp has some Plexi in their somewhere. He hits the front of his amp with either the Xotic RC boost with gain and volume all the way up, a Maxon SD-9 gain and volume all the way up with tone down (when using humbuckers), and for single coils he uses a Maxon VOP-9. He uses single coils currently so he's using the Xotic RC and Maxon VOP-9. Check out his youtube vids. His gain sounds are awesome.

Archived