Automatic Volume Swell Pedals

murky69nz

• Members

Hi all

I'm looking for a pedal that does automatic volume swells - as my G system doesn't do them.

The swell can be synthy, but would prefer a straight swell pedal.

I've already got a boss slow gear but it's a bit to subtle for me.

List away....

Thanks

• Members

I've looked around. There's the slow gear (and clones), there's the pigtronix attack sustain (which is really expensive) and the old EHX attack decay (which is vintage and hard to find). then there's the Line6 DL4 and echo park which both have a swell or auto-volume echo mode. you could disable the delay if you just wanted the swell.

• Members

what do you mean by subtle? it doesn't get loud enough?

The attick is very quick and it just swells the very tip of the start of the signal. I'm after something that swells over a longer time, more like the long swell on a synth pad.

• Members

The attick is very quick and it just swells the very tip of the start of the signal. I'm after something that swells over a longer time, more like the long swell on a synth pad.

i see. that's typical of everything i've ever used with a swell function. i think a volume pedal is your best bet for slowing it down.

• Members

The Guyatone mentioned above, Boss SG-2 as you stated, Behringer makes a copy of the Slow Gear, as does BYOC (Lazy Sprocket). Not much beyond that and the Pigtronix...

For really long swells, I don't think either the Guyatone, Behringer or BYOC will do it. Attack/Sustain, maybe. You really only can get super long swells by doing it yourself with a volume pedal. That or actual volume knob manipulation via your guitar (if the knob is actually close enough and smooth enough to do so while playing, I know none of mine are).

• Members

this ! I use my Red Witch Pentavocal Trem for long slow swells with some delay and it sounds epic !

Yeah, I know. I don't know why everyone is saying there's only one or two pedals that can do volume swells. I also have a Red Witch (although I'm selling it), and it does a pretty good job at swells.

• Members

I know this is complicated and expensive but it should be mentioned:

Run your guitar signal through an analog synth with audio input capabilities.

Than use the filters ADSR for total control over your envelope.

I do that with my trusted Moog Prodigy :thu:

Archived