Digitech PDS 20/20

• Members

Stock its a 2 second looper but I've heard of people getting 20 seconds out of them by adjusting the trim pots. I'm not sure which pots it is but The more you adjust it the dirtier the repeats get.

• Members

From geekchat:

PDS2020.jpg

The one closest to the output is the Delay time. The one Closest the the huge DIGITECH on the side is the Feedback....

The third is the balance(I don't **** with this one).

You will want to mess with the feedback to get it to delay infinitly.

The Delay time will break up after 5 seconds.

Play with it and it will get to about 20, BUT....You will get clock noise. meaning a high pitch squeel will bleed into the signal. I deal with it at higher settings.

But at 5 seconds it won't break up or bleed through. Just be a bit low-fi

Test it out before you tweak, though. Make sure the volume level is ok and the feedback is manageable. Then mark the settings in case you goof up somewhere. And DON'T touch the balance trim. Just the slightest tweak could ruin your amp/ears.

I have mine set for about 7-8 seconds, so it's on the verge of bitcrushed goodness at higher delay settings. It's a fookin' sweet pedal.

• Members

Woot, the PDS series rules. I tweaked my 20/20 for self-oscillation, but I left the delay time at something around 2 seconds since I don't really use it as a conventional looper much. I really love the hold delay though and I use it to loop short "runs" which sound awesome with some reverb and delay after it.

:thu:

• Members

I've got mine tweaked out to like 6 seconds maybe? I forget, I never use the full time, just like the degraded sound it gets when you tweak out the trim pots.

Do you need to know which trim pots do which? I could probably describe that for you if you want

• 4 months later...
  • Members

The only problem that occurs when you crank up the delay time trimpot is that the delay time knob gets super sensitive and can have an uneven response. On the plus, it sounds fantastic with high delay times. Super gritty, low sample rate insanity. You can get about 8 seconds of 'normal' delay out of it before clock noise and weird frequency response kick in.

Archived