Which Distortion?? (Amletic dillemma from Italy)

surround87

• Members

Hi all,

this is my first post here although I've been following HC for ages!!!

So...first of all...I'm Francesco...guitarist and singer...I'm currently playing in a band and our influences come from BritRock like Stereophonics, Oasis and Feeder...

My actual set-up is (VARIOUS AMPS - since im studyin in UK for logistic issues I cant have one on my own, so it depends from gig to gig, from studio to studio)---> EHX NANO SOUL PREACHER ---> MENATONE KING OF THE BRITAINS (last version, used mainly as overdrive) ---> EHX SMALL CLONE ---> MALEKKO PHASE ---> GIBSON SG '97.

Well, formerly, I had also a distorsion...a s*it distorsion (IMHO) from digitech called HOT HEAD...well it was ok...but not as good as the rest so I decided to sell it to buy a MXR DOUBLE SHOT...but now...I read that this distortion is not s good as I thought...people say that sounds comin from it seems to be the same from all the guitar and there is no dynamic...

I was dramatically disappointed from these reviews cuz it is one of the distortion used by Kelly Jones from Stereophonics and now I'm not so sure I wanna buy it...

Moreover I can't try so many pedals since around here I can find only cheappy Behringer or stuff like this...I tried all the BOSS and DIGITECH distortion...but I can't find one I really like.

Now...what I would like to ask you is: can u suggest me some dist pedals I can hear on youtube? what do u think of these pedal with valves??

Francesco:poke:

• Members

Hi Francesco! welcome to HCFX :wave:

you want something quite saturated.. mid to high gain? maybe look at the Proco Rat / Turbo Rat?

i wouldn't bother with valve-distortion pedals. unless they're very expensive they're not that great.. the Blackstar HT-Dual is pretty decent, but it needs it's own power supply and is pretty big.

• Members

[YOUTUBE]h2JxbSScXc4&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]GqidF75Xhz0&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

these are my two favorites,but sometimes I just like the sound of my amp when its really loud,and maybe add a treble booster to put it over the top.

• Members

thanks folks,

I'm looking at all of these...and I really love some of them...

But...have anyone ever used a MXR Double Shot??? And what du ya think about it?

i need it a distortion in order to play song like these:

Archived