Is the Strymon Blue Sky that good?

Faldoe

• Members

I'm looking for a new reverb. I love the El Cap, Strymon makes good stuff so I can't really see a reason why not to get it other than the price tag - ya I dropped the same for the El Cap but if I could find a reverb for cheaper I would.

Is it a lot better than say the Tech 21 Boost RVB? - the other one I was considering. I'm looking for a verb pedal with a Trails feature.

I like it a LOT more than the Tech 21 Boost RVB, yes - also like it much more than the RRR. I don't use reverb all that often, but the Blue Sky totally satiated all of my reverb-related desires.

• Members

I like it a LOT more than the Tech 21 Boost RVB, yes - also like it much more than the RRR. I don't use reverb all that often, but the Blue Sky totally satiated all of my reverb-related desires.

Word.

Additionally, the untouched dry signal in the BSR means that there isn't that annoying 'brightening' / added presence to your tone when you click it on... unlike some other reverb pedals.

• Members

I hope you like to tweak.

Oh I do. I've been digging the El Cap a lot, I can only imagine the BSky would be just as good and go together well with the EC.

I did a youtube search and saw one of BTBAM's demos- has like some watery screen thing. Sounding excellent.

• Members

The Strymon is awesome, but I have to agree with Crxsh. I ended up in a never ending tweak fest. It was distracting.

After owning a BSR, a RRR, and a RVB... I still own the RVB. It's flexible enough to get what I want without tweaking every five minutes. Plus I got it for under $100 and it is by far the best reverb for the money. Just my two cents. FYI, I like my reverbs to be dark, not bright and snappy. For my rig, style, practicality, and tastes the RVB is the winner.

• Members

I must be too used to rack gear and multi effects. I can't see how the Blue Sky is a tweak fest. I mean it's got a decay, mix and some high/low damping knobs. That's about it. Some pre delay if you want that feature. POG2, Cathedral and even the Boss twin pedals like DD-20 or RT-20 are more involved than this.

Archived