why aren't there more Colorsound Overdriver clones

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There are a bunch of them out there.... but most are kind of pricey.

I love my /13 Joyride but at $230ish its a little pricey. I got it durring a Christmas sale for $190 though, so I wont complain too much.

However, a lot of people dont seem to understand what the Overdriver does. I think the name is misleading and people are expecting a smooth tubescreamer or something like that, then they are really disapointed when they see the pedal is mostly clean with edge of break up with a fast taper that hits fuzz territory. My friend thought it was broken when I let him try it. If they release this to a broader audience they should rename it "Fuzzy booster" or something like that so people dont get all confused.

• Members

I love my /13 Joyride but at $230ish its a little pricey. I got it durring a Christmas sale for $190 though, so I wont complain too much.

However, a lot of people dont seem to understand what the Overdriver does. I think the name is misleading and people are expecting a smooth tubescreamer or something like that, then they are really disapointed when they see the pedal is mostly clean with edge of break up with a fast taper that hits fuzz territory. My friend thought it was broken when I let him try it. If they release this to a broader audience they should rename it "Fuzzy booster" or something like that so people dont get all confused.

Well it was called a Powerboost originally.

boosters_cpb.jpg

But yeah, definitely not an overdrive in the traditional sense. Pretty cool though. I had my built by a local builder and it would've run me $120ish if I hadn't traded him some stuff for it. Pretty reasonable overall. Way cheaper than trying to find an actual old one.

• Members

Doesn't Creepy Fingers make amazing clones of Coloursound stuff for under 200-300 bucks?

I know he does a Unidrive clone for ~200. He seems to be really open to taking custom orders, so I bet he would make a clone for a reasonable price.

How does a Colorsound do going into an already dirty amp? I kinda want to pick one up (probably the Black Forest) and I'm wondering if it's going to have too much overlap with my Mastortion - which gets really grindy and fuzzy when pushing a dirty amp.

• Members

How does a Colorsound do going into an already dirty amp? I kinda want to pick one up (probably the Black Forest) and I'm wondering if it's going to have too much overlap with my Mastortion - which gets really grindy and fuzzy when pushing a dirty amp.

i bought the power boost ri because playing a strat into a mesa mark 1 boosted by the pb..i dropped my card right there. it was lovely. that much

• Members

However, a lot of people dont seem to understand what the Overdriver does. I think the name is misleading and people are expecting a smooth tubescreamer or something like that, then they are really disapointed when they see the pedal is mostly clean with edge of break up with a fast taper that hits fuzz territory. My friend thought it was broken when I let him try it. If they release this to a broader audience they should rename it "Fuzzy booster" or something like that
so people dont get all confused

people can be ignorant and sometimes stupid, that's never going to change.

• Members

i've gotten to the point where anything over $150 is kinda stupid for a distortion pedal. so yeah, $200 to $300 is a range i'm not willing to go into any longer. and i'm definitely not looking for a tubescreamer. in fact, if i never hear another tubescreamer again, it will be too soon.

my main dirt has been a Red Llama clone for the past few years. the Colorsound is intriguing.

Archived