Do you guys remember my thread about a partscaster I wanted to make?

the Dodo

• Members

Its finished :love:

2jtq4z.jpg

Painted in pidgeon-blue nitro, only a very thin coat of clear laquer, no wood filling underneath because I want it to look "old". Maybe I will relic it very slightly because I have a lacquer drop where my arm rests while playing. Pickups are GFS Dream 180

• Members

:thu:
Very nice. It's very close to something I'm been mulling over making. It's got that Charvel So-Cal vibe but without the Floyd

Yeah! I cant stand Floyds.

I blocked the trem using a few cents so it will stay in tune. It will be my hard-rock machine from now on, as I played 95% singlecoils in my life I

• Members

what sort of paint did you use? what's wood filling? Did you block your trem?

Nitro out of a rattle can. Wood filler is a thick sauce you can rub into the pores of the wood if you dont want the grain to show through the lacquer. In my case I was lazy and wanted a "sunken in" finish like on a few gibson guitars, it just looks like the color is plenty of years old. And yes, as said before, I inserted a few coins to block the trem. Blocking the trem was done in about a minute and since I strung the guitar this morning it holds tune +- 2 cents a string.

• Members

I guess I just need to find something to block my trem then
:)
I plan on making my strat black on black with white trim. Does anyone know if they make those 3 ply strat pickguards in black with red in the middle spot?

Yep. I have seen b/r/b a few times before, maybe you should check ebay for it. I think I found them there. Why do you don

Archived