How are Battles live?

pbone

• Members

They're coming here to Seattle next week and just wanted to see if it is an absolutely do not miss kind of thing or what. I'm seeing St. Vincent the next day which will be great, so just wanted to see if it was worth my $16 or whatever to see Battles too. What kind of {censored} do they play in their rotation now?

• Members

I've seen 'em twice as a four piece and they killed it! It would easily be worth your $16 to watch those guys pull that {censored} off live, which they do remarkably well.

Do they play any of the Tyondai stuff?

• Members

I saw them just before the new album came out. They didn't do any of the Tyondai era stuff. Video screens on stage with some of the guest vocalists projected on life-size. The set was clearly a work in progress and meandered in places. I was feeling pretty sick that week so didn't enjoy the gig that much. PA was way too loud for the small venue I saw them in.

• Members

They're coming here to Seattle next week and just wanted to see if it is an absolutely do not miss kind of thing or what. I'm seeing St. Vincent the next day which will be great, so just wanted to see if it was worth my $16 or whatever to see Battles too. What kind of {censored} do they play in their rotation now?

Probably as {censored}ty as they are on mp3, vinyl, CD, and cassette.

• Members

Nothing much to add, I just wanted to say I find it funny that guys are coming in to trash the band while the OP is obviously already familiar with the material and is subsequently asking about the band's live perfomance only.

• Members

Do they play any of the Tyondai stuff?

Yo man.

When I saw them last April, they played new album material only. They had the vocalists up on two screens behind them, just their faces, video-synced to the vocal samples they were playing along with. The show was {censored}ing incredible, I'd recommend checking it out. Even without Tyondai, their new style is still quite awesome.

(FWIW, I've seen them play "Atlas" as a 3 piece, and they just brutalized it. It was a sad moment. :cry:)

Archived