OT: Hardshell case for Les Paul Special

mdrake34

• Members

I just got a new Les Paul Junior Special that came with a gig bag, but I want to get a hardshell case ASAP. From reading around it looks like normal LP cases don't fit them perfectly, but someone on another forum recommended http://www.rondomusic.com/egc300lp.html

apparently Rondo suggests it for its les paul special copies. Any other suggestions, any experience with these?

• Members

yup, you'll be hard pressed to find a place that will ship a case for free

I think I did one through musicians friend and bought some other stuff to get over the amount for free shipping.

Those douglas cases are prob pretty decent tho FWIW - I've gotten a few cases from rondo and they've been nice for the moolah

• Members

Yeah, if you have other stuff to buy, look at MF for maybe a SKB or even an Epi case, might cost a bit more, but if you have something else you need to get to $100, I think shipping might be free.

• Members

I went with the Douglas, it was the only one that had the raised portion to support the special body like the TKL, which was sold out. $85 isn't bad, I need to protect it. I took it to a gig Thursday night in the gig bag and my asshole puckered every time I moved it in the bag.

• Members

I just got a new Les Paul Junior Special that came with a gig bag, but I want to get a hardshell case ASAP. From reading around it looks like normal LP cases don't fit them perfectly, but someone on another forum recommended

apparently Rondo suggests it for its les paul special copies. Any other suggestions, any experience with these?

I went with the Douglas case from Rondo and it arrived yesterday. It fits PERFECTLY, and it's a really nice case. The leather on the outside looks a little cheap close up, but from a few feet away it looks like a nice gibson case. It even has the silk sheet to cover the guitar in the case like a gibson case. I'm sure the TKL is a much nicer case, but for $85 with shipping this thing was a steal. I know several people have been buying these junior specials recently, I highly recommend this case.

Archived