Echolution Update Fail?

kingnimrod

• Members

well, crap - got mine back from Pigtronix today after sending in for the update and now it appears to be broken. The tap tempo function is no better than it was, plus it has all sorts of other crazy glitches -- for example, the delay cuts off when you add new taps or when you engage modulation, and the looping function does weird stuff intermittently like just put big gaps of silence in between the original sound instead of slowing it down. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they can fix this, as now it's basically unusable.

does anyone else here use one?

• Members

not analog. is the problem :cop:

um, yea mine is running the older version I believe and it is fine. I saw on TGP someone had one for sale that was updated to the new version and everything was working fine. i'm sure if you explain it to Pigtronix you should be able to send it back for free to get it fixed. weird that they wouldn't test it out after they updated it to make sure everything worked.

• Members

the update supposedly fixes the glitchy tap tempo and adds overdub mode to the looping function.

BUT, it TAKES AWAY the ability to have a loop going and switch into and out of modulated mode without killing the loop. Also, new taps kill off and reset your delay signal, and the looping delay times in the new version act weird. They need to update their website to explain what you are giving up for a supposedly better tap tempo function. Not worth it, in my opinion. In fact, if I had a new one I'd want to send it to them to put the old firmware on it.

Archived