DBA Echo Dream 2 - revised/improved AND less expensive...

Holy Schnikes

• Members

They finally revised, adding a fuzz and master volume control yet neglecting a fuzz footswitch on that gigantic enclosure. Regardless, those mods were much needed cuz the v1 has some INSANE output on the fuzz side and zero control of that output.

Oh, they also "reengineered" it to lower the asking price to $270, def not inexpensive but a far cry from the v1. Not bad considering you get an awesome delay that goes from warm and normal-ish to completely whacked the fuck out pitch bending madness PLUS fuzz. Wondering if the new circuit will sound as badass as the first? Should be easier to tame with the new controls but I'm gonna just gonna get my v1 modded to avoid losing my a$$ on the flip.

http://deathbyaudio.net/

TbFgc.jpg

• Members

Same here. I use it with other fuzz a lot, just not the onboard fuzz cuz it's so far above unity, even in the low gain setting.

I don't know if they'll mod it or not, gonna email shortly. If not, I'll just have a buddy Nick from Dunwich Amps mod it. A couple guys on ilovefuzz have added footswitchable fuzz and tap tempo so I'll get the details from them but a master volume would be hella useful too. Gonna look into that one while I'm at it.

• 1 month later...

Archived