Its out!!!! NEW My Bloody Valentine..

seifukusha

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not sure how i feel about that flanger on the last track. Also I feel like maybe the album is designed to loop. The last track is sort of odd as a last track but goes well back into the first.

• Members

ill add my 2 cents: this record is an effect record. I dont hear alot of guitar verb or any of the stuff Loveless is supposedly made from. The guitars are multi-amps but theyre raw and present. Theres alot more groove on this record (New You doesnt sounds like a MBV song and it does). This sounds like he learned alot from his time in Primal Scream (Im sure Bobby G spurred him constantly to make a new record) and Serena Maneesh. I swear those are ebow lines in Wonder 2. The guitars are raw and in your face, but has the glide thing and open tuning. Its not Loveless. I love Only Tomorrow and its playing pauses. Its somehow him showing hes not overdoing it. Theres actually un-effected lead lines in there as well.

I dont think of Loveless as an effects record, but a technique record. Then people said Shields is a fx guy, and then I guess in 20 years he became one.

This record isnt hype, its legend. One Shields has to live up to. I think he did it very well.

• Members

I've had this on endless repeat pretty much since the opening kickoff yesterday haha.  {censored}'s great.  Some pretty cool beats on this one too.  And the tones, THE TONES.  More diverse and layered than I expected.  I still have yet to listen to this on headphones or in the car, but they sound great through monitors.  Wish I could see them live again, some of these songs sound like they'd make me come three times if I saw them live.

• Members

This album is solid, whether or not the one that came before it was as iconic as it is.  Like has been mentioned before already, the progression of this album from track to track is almost a bit chronological feeling(if that makes sense?), and I like it like that.  "in another way" is far away my favorite track on this album so far. A little bit of it almost has an Autolux vibe, to me.  Also, this probably goes without saying, but this album is INSANE through headphones.

• Members

captions87 wrote:

This album is solid, whether or not the one that came before it was as iconic as it is.  Like has been mentioned before already, the progression of this album from track to track is almost a bit chronological feeling(if that makes sense?), and I like it like that.  
"in another way" is far away my favorite track on this album so far
. A little bit of it almost has an Autolux vibe, to me.  Also, this probably goes without saying, but this album is INSANE through headphones.

agree--really awesome toans in there.  also like the opening track.

Archived