Using the send/return on the Electro Harmonix Superego pedal ....

tttablets

• Members

I've a Line 6 M13 with its send/returns, and now an Electro Harmonix Superego pedal with its send returns. 

Being new to send/returns, I'm somewhat confused.... do I use the s/r on the Superego (only) to the M13 (which would be guitar - M13 in- Superego in - Superego out - M13 out - amp), or the M13's s/r as well? (guitar -  M13 in - Superego send - Superego return - M13 in - amp)? 

• Members

The answer is simple duderguy.

The send return on the superego is there to allow you to put effects on the superego frozen sounds and still have your dry signal (guitar) unaffected by the sounds.

Similarly the M13 has that so you can have effects work on your M13 sounds (and you can choose which ones) without doing it to your guitar.

Similarly you'd have this on an amp for a number of reasons. E.g. your amp's distortion would distort anything plugged into it, so you'd maybe want your reverbs and delays after it so they don't get distorted.

So then you'd plug them into your effects loop via the send/return.

There ya go.

Great reply! :)

I don't have an M13, but I do have an M9 and I recently reviewed the Superego - cool pedal! Patching the M9 into the loop of the Superego is a lot of fun. You can then use any of, or all three of the M9's effects to process the "sustained" signal from the Superego. Instead of a static, unchanging sustained sound, you can make the sustained sound do all sorts of interesting things. Try using a tremolo on it. Delay is also a great match. To use the M13 to process the Superego's "synth" sounds, just patch the Superego's "Send" jack into your M13's input, and the output from the M13 to the Superego's "Return" jack. While you probably won't want to run it that way all the time, it's certainly going to give you a lot more sonic capabilities for the Superego when you use it to process the synth pedal that way.

Archived