Best method for removing velcro from a pedal?

plaidbeer

• Members

Any ideas for an easier way of removing velcro stuck on to the bottom of a pedal? Bought a used Green Rhino and the GC rep said he would peel it off before sending it out, but it's still on there and it's a bitch trying to get it off. 

• Members

Lift a corner of the velcro then grab the corner with the edge of some needle nose pliers. Now carefully roll the pliers away from the corner using the velcro still stuck to the pedal as a cushion. Cut the velcro as you lift it so that it doesn't wrap around your pliers and go slowly so you don't hurt yourself or the pedal.

• Members

cryptosonic wrote:

Lift a corner of the velcro then grab the corner with the edge of some needle nose pliers. Now carefully roll the pliers away from the corner using the velcro still stuck to the pedal as a cushion. Cut the velcro as you lift it so that it doesn't wrap around your pliers and go slowly so you don't hurt yourself or the pedal.

I do this when there is too much velcro on a pedal. except for the cutting the velcro part. I usually just end up pulling a ball of velcro off the end of pliers 

• Members

i normally just pull it up in one corner and peel it back, key is to do it slowly so that all of the sticky goo stays with the velcro side. also blowing hot air on it helps, as does rubbing alcohol do get off any leftover residue that may remain.

Archived