what can you tell me about the telecoustic?

hangwire

• Members

I was going to say you might be able to get more tone out of a cigar box with a duck taped neck.

(jk, :lol:)

• Members

Im getting a lot of words that dont say much

what is wrong with the action... always high, can't adjust, all over the place?

what is wrong about the tone... thin, no projection, muffled?

what made it s POS... won't stay in tune, electroncis broke, etc...

• Members

This is based on playing one a few different times in a pawnshop. It's a decent guitar, plays fairly well with decent action. It won't win any tone awards but for recording or for having a comfortable songwriting guitar around it's pretty good. It plays closer to an electric than an acoustic. It sounds more like a hollowbody guitar more than an acoustic (although it's louder).

• Members

I always thought it had a pretty cool sound plugged in. I think the intonation/plays like {censored} statements are coming from people hoping it would actually feel like a strat/tele, when it's an odd plastic acoustic. Just try one out, and don't buy one off the interwebs because 1 out of 10 guitar players know how to set up and properly take care of a guitar.

• Members

I mean, they're not good for gigging at all, but they can be convenient for songwriting. You can have a cheap guitar like that right next to your computer or wherever you write music and not worry about putting it in its case. Also, they kinda feel like Strats/Teles so that helps if you write your songs on acoustics and play them on electrics.

I'd MUCH rather have a Taylor GS Mini as a songwriting partner / knock about the house guitar. It plays super-easy, and sounds a lot better too.

I've never cared for the sound of those slimline Fender Strat / Tele "acoustics" - they can play okay I guess, but they sound pretty bad. I have not heard the Squier version, but I can't imagine it's much different.

• Members

We're opinions for fender or squire version? The trade offer is for a fender one built in 2006 or so

Trade would be for 2 pedals ($100 ish)

it seems like you're wanting answers that are different than the ones you're getting. i don't know anything about that guitar, but every thinline acoustic i've played that was modeled after an electric sounds like {censored} and i can't imagine that would be any different. not to mention that it's uglier than dog{censored}.

Archived