X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple Question on EL84 Tubes~

SOVTEK or JJ's EL84's for my hot running Mesa DC3 COMBO? And why? Thanks
    kenny
    🕉

When you say it is a hot running amp, what exactly do you mean? Is it biased hot, or does it run hotter than it should for some reason or....?

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
    - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
    - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
    - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

I tried several different grades of GTs and finally settled on the cheapest quartet. Boogies, right out the display case.
      Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

I always thought that JJs sounded the best out of the new age t0obs. I think you can get graded tubes depending on your amp... especially for a Mesa. You don't want them red plating.

Comment

If you have an amp that's really biased hot that uses EL84 tubes (like your typical Blues Junior right out of the factory) What you really want to buy are EL84M (the "M" stands for military grade) Russian tubes. They are also sometimes called 6P14P tubes.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/6P14P-EV-EL...s/331813686890
          Last edited by guitarcapo; 06-03-2019, 07:49 AM.
          "I don't want to be immortalized through my work. I want to be immortalized by not dying." Woody Allen

Comment

I thought mil spec tubes came in metal bottles. (?)
            Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

Working...
            X