Where can I find used Hilbish Beta Head?

johnbarnesiii

• Members
Yes thats the one. I wish it was available. Nothing on Reverb but some old listings no longer active. Have checked around online but can’t seem to find one.

here's a used one.

IDK if it's still available, as the listing is a year old. It didn't say sold.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tAmp.PNG Views:\t1 Size:\t1.31 MB ID:\t32479068","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"32479068","data-size":"full","title":"Amp.PNG"}[/ATTACH]

• Members

I reached out to the seller but alas it has sold :(

Too bad its hard to come by, but I guess I'll keep looking.

here's a used one.

IDK if it's still available, as the listing is a year old. It didn't say sold.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tAmp.PNG Views:\t1 Size:\t1.31 MB ID:\t32479068","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"32479068","data-size":"full","title":"Amp.PNG"}[/ATTACH]

• Members
Its a guitar amp, but I think it can be used for bass too. I just happen to like the tone of this head, that's all. Totally valid questions, thanks for asking.

Ok last dumm question. Why 700 W ???

Anyway, if it's anything like the Sunn amps from the early 70s, I can see how one could get attached to the tone. A guy who lived down the road from me in the 70s had one with the funny looking KT tubes. It was the first non Bassman, Bandmaster, or Kustom, amp I'd run into. He had it in the driveway cranked and I still remember that jagged but uniform smoothness. Sounded like a strange, powerful motor of some kind.

Archived