Mystery guitar amp in case

Elmer Furd

• Members

I’m sorry if I’ve posted this in the wrong place as I’m new to this forum, but I’m having some trouble identifying this amp in case I I acquired from a recent purchase. This case came with a Jay Turser strat copy (which will be for sale soon if anybody’s interested, just got other projects to do first). I can’t find anything on or in the amp or case to ID it with to any brand or company besides “Analog Amplifier” on the amplifier itself. It can be removed from the case, it’s solid state, and is powered on by a 3 prong power chord. It does make noise, but the pots and switch are super crackly and dirty. The “automatic digital tuner” does not function at all. There’s a part of me that thing this might be a homemade amp considering it’s kinda on the crude side, but older practice solid state amps aren’t exactly known for being well built. Really baffled by this case, any help is appreciated.

ae6673697509e1d92d13164d7991ba66.thumb.jpg.90e8e40ff2a1b8744e56439b5b9451e7.jpg

cec58041c947b75029d27d323e722988.thumb.jpg.0abde2363c9783369c0d998ffccde619.jpg

620429ea589fa14349190d47d42cb8ab.thumb.jpg.1ab2c70eca9b30435f89de802dc2ecf7.jpg

b3a08caeb6f0500807ed81b473e6172d.thumb.jpg.173a5d06fe69b338f03a66f694816051.jpg

ed3e65ce76fd968389d83283017a6139.thumb.jpg.88499f6457643c05be3958f0724698b4.jpg

• Moderators

if you could give us a wide shot of the case and amp, it may help... :wave:

but I will go out on a limb and guess it is a JT-300 guitar you bought, and that is the case that came with it with teh built in amp.......

took a while to find an example... [h=1]https://www.ebth.com/items/8239426-jay-turser-jt-300-electric-guitar-with-case-and-case-amp[/h]

• Members

but I will go out on a limb and guess it is a JT-300 guitar you bought, and that is the case that came with it with teh built in amp.......

took a while to find an example... [h=1]https://www.ebth.com/items/8239426-jay-turser-jt-300-electric-guitar-with-case-and-case-amp[/h]

good eye

I am unfamiliar with Jay Turser stuff.

• Members

took a while to find an example... https://www.ebth.com/items/8239426-jay-turser-jt-300-electric-guitar-with-case-and-case-amp

I believe you are 100% correct. A little disappointing just because of how beat it is for a newer case. I really was hoping it was something more vintage, but at least I know what it is. I really appreciate it.

The jay turser I have is also the exact same color of that one in your link :lol:

• Moderators

Funny, it dawned on me after I found that example and posted it that you'd be coming back saying 'no, that is the exact listing I purchased...lunkhead' but *phew*...it wasn't. :)

Sadly, the odds of it being anything 'vintage', based on the solid state amp and the built in tuner were pretty low. I will say, though, I would be inclined, if the investment wasn't too deep, to hang on to the 'set', as, like the 60's Silvertones, in a few decades, there may renewed interest in 'shlock' like that.

• Members
I will say' date=' though, I would be inclined, if the investment wasn't too deep, to hang on to the 'set', as, like the 60's Silvertones, in a few decades, there may renewed interest in 'shlock' like that.[/quote']

That thought has crossed my mind, and seeing how I can’t even find one of these amp cases stand alone or even a bundle, that thought has really been sticking with me. But honestly, I don’t really have the room for this guitar or case. I’m sure I’ll be kicking myself someday if i sell it, but I really just don’t have the room for this right now. My barbers small son has shown an interest in guitar, and I know they were looking for an electric for him. Just have to get the guitar itself properly setup, it’s got some wonderful fret buzz that you make any adjustment, it decides to buzz somewhere else :(2. Hope I don’t have to take it to the local guitar store, those guys are a rip-off for setups. But can’t consciously sell this thing like this, especially to a kid

Archived