A/B Fender and Orange amps?

KeroseneTrewthe

• Members

I'm wondering if it's possible to A/B my Fender Bassbreaker 45 2x12 combo and Orange Dark Terror 15 head without having to use an extra cab? I want to utilize the Fender for clean and the Orange for my overdrive tones. As long as I keep impedance in mind, is it possible to split the Fender 12" combo speakers into two feeds, so one will go to the Fender and the other to the Orange?

Or without causing damage to the amps, is it possible to use a 1/4" speaker Y connection adapter to connect the two amps to the 2x12 combo speakers? Might be dumb questions but just trying to figure it out. If I must use two cabs, I'll certainly do that, but if I don't have to, that would be easier. Thanks in advance for any advice.

• Members
Oh' date=' if you use an ab switcher those work I think. Also you can use one speaker each. You just can't run both amps into the same load at the same time.[/quote']

Cool, correct. Was never in the plan to run both amps through the same speakers at the same time. I would A/B switch between them.

• Members

Personally, I'd be inclined to rewire the speakers in stereo, connect an amp to each individual speaker, and use an AB switch to select which amp. Just make sure you have the impedance selectors on both amps set properly. An ABY selector would allow you to use both amps at once, which might be cool.

Archived