My score of the day.

Axisplayer

• Members

Local CL has a Fender Concert amp. Single 12" version. It is a '93 model so part of the Pro Tube series of amps from Fender. It appears to be in great physical shape. Guy said he bought it used in '95 and has not used it much. Reverb is broken, but all else works. I am betting the problem with reverb to be either tube, tank, or wiring. He wants $250 and said I have first right of refusal tomorrow since he could not see anyone today, and the ad was only 2 hours old. Hoping I like it as much as I think I will for that price. Has the elusive pedal with it. If anyone has experience of knowledge of this model, feel free to chime in.

• Members

Pending congratulations. That's a great price for one of those even if it needs work. At 60 Watts it ought to be plenty of amp for most purposes. You might want to replace the (non-original) speaker at some point but it should be fine in the short term. Heck, even if you can't get the reverb working it's still a great deal. :thu:

• Members

Thats what I thought. I have three different neo Celestions laying around to pick from and also a local CL for a Creamback. I will get the reverb working. I figured it was a good deal even if it cost a few hundred in repairs. Hard to go wrong at this price.

• Members

First, the Rocket 50 that's in it is rated for 50 Watts, no margin for error in a 60 Watt amp. Plus, it's a budget speaker. Second, Celestions in Fender amps are rare. That was my main tip-off. The original speaker was likely made by Eminence; a Jensen ceramic would work well too, maybe a C12K: https://www.jensentone.com/vintage-ceramic/c12k.

• Members

Yes, the original was an Eminence. I am going to try the Celestion Century I have. It is the original, not the Century Vintage. It is JBL like in that it is very clean, and while having a strong low end, is bright. It is for chicken pickers, and shredders in that it is extremely responsive. It that doesn't get it, the next choice will be a Jensen Neo. I have got to shed some of the weight so this handicapped geezer can move it around.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived