I really want a 1957 Fender 3x10 bandmaster but I don't have $10.000 dollars.

Daehtihs

• Members

I was thinking about a clone or a reissue, any suggestions? Here's a cool pic of Pete with his.[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"big_Townshend_Pete_Walshrig.jpg?v=1436902937.jpg","data-attachmentid":32363833}[/ATTACH]

• Members
I was thinking about a clone or a reissue' date=' any suggestions? Here's a cool pic of Pete with his.[ATTACH=JSON']{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"big_Townshend_Pete_Walshrig.jpg?v=1436902937.jpg","data-attachmentid":32363833}[/ATTACH]

You're in luck

Fender reissued em a few years ago.

You find great tones in the reissue plus more stability.

https://reverb.com/item/495254-fender-custom-shop-57-handwired-tweed-bandmaster-3x10

https://reverb.com/item/10817724-fender-57-bandmaster-custom-shop-tweed

• Members
The re-series was in a local store in the 90s. They are brutal to play as well. They don't sing until extremerly loud.

Good point, I just remembered I have a Weber mass attenuator I never use. I'd have to run a longer speaker cable to run it with a combo but it should work fine. :eatdrink013:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

I bought a new pair of 12" Weber on sale to try with my Blackface Bassman.

Wound up pulling them back out. I don't know if it was just the particular model or the set being a poor match but they were one or the worst set of crap speakers I've ever used. I suspected they would sound bad when I first unboxed them. They produced an almost basket ball tone when you tapped the cones. They might sound better in an open backed can but they sounded like garbage in a closed back 2X12. Too much bass, mids barked like a dog with laryngitis and the highs were practically non existent. I'll likely sell them on eBay at some point. They only have a hour or two use on them.

Eminence, Jensen, Oxford, CTS, Altec, JBL, and even some Celestion like the Creamback's sound great on Fenders. Maybe some of the other Weber's sound better but I don't plan on wasting time and money finding out.

If I had one of those bandmasters I'd definitely use the Jensen P10R on that amp. I use 4 of them with my Bassman in an open backed 4X10 cab and they sound excellent.

Archived