Old timers

DarkCide

• 4 months later...
  • Members
I don't think I've posted here in over a decade. I'm sure everything has changed. Any old timers still left lingering around?

Lots of good memories.

I miss the old days Rocksolid amp and derrick days i lost all my old account and lists of good transactions i must of had 75 or more on here of names..

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I first started visiting this site when it was an Olga site. I joined the forums after that part of the site was closed.

The constant upgrades did hurt this site quite a bit, but the few who remained are very consistent and loyal to the trade. I think Facebook might have had something to do with the decline of many forums. The loss of non serious musicians, trolls and spammers doesn't bother me at all.

• Members

i've been around since the end of the '90's, back in the scott lehman days. it was `unmoderated' in those days with all the wild and woolly (and highly entertaining) flame wars you might expect, musicians not noted for their tiny egos and all ;). the various platform crashes and changes (plus the onset of `serious moderation') caused some to lose interest, imo. it's my experience the site is way more useful, with way better discourse, but if you're looking for a dust up in trouble town (good ole fashioned flame war) you'll have to go to another forum... i'm o.k. with that :).

• Moderators

The herd was depleted over the course of multiple platform switches over only a few years. Even most of the moderators walked away after the second platform 'upgrade'. There are a few old timers who swing by for nostalgia, but the HC of yore is gone forever...the current HC is a very different place.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
i've been around since the end of the '90's, back in the scott lehman days. it was `unmoderated' in those days with all the wild and woolly (and highly entertaining) flame wars you might expect, musicians not noted for their tiny egos and all ;). the various platform crashes and changes (plus the onset of `serious moderation') caused some to lose interest, imo. it's my experience the site is way more useful, with way better discourse, but if you're looking for a dust up in trouble town (good ole fashioned flame war) you'll have to go to another forum... i'm o.k. with that :).

Same here. Started in the slehman (You could get banned, you know) days. It WAS the wild west. There was good and bad to that. What I really miss is that datbase of all the gear reviews that people would poast. To me, losing that was really the main thing that ruined the site.

• Members

(You could get banned, you know).

yeah, but back then they just came back like the walking (stalking) (flaming) dead ;)... i didn't really mind, and i'm sure scott had way better stuff to do than referee our various boot pissing contests, heck, even i may have made a `brash statement' on occasion :D...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

My last post was over 5 years ago! Can't believe I remembered my password.

I first left during a sabbatical from guitar for a few years. Came back briefly, but a horrendous site crash pushed me away for a couple more years. The last straw was a ridiculous redesign.

Such a shame. I do miss the old HC.

Archived