So where’s all the dinosaurs???

magh8

• Members

i'm around from the good/bad old days when lehman ran (or ignored ;)) the place... there's no doubt that corporate sponsorship has made it more structured and informational...but i'll always remember the balls to the wall flame war days fondly ;)...

• Members

Class of 2003. Left during the great HC Exodus when HC went through the buy-out and re-org. Now that The Gear Page has decided to post in-line ads, I figured I'd see if this place was still a mess. :lol:

• Members

I am still here. Just haven't posted lately since my family has been taking more of my time. I have also been busy building a mini studio. Been concentrating more on studio stuff instead of guitar stuff. I did get a Boss MS-3 which I love. It has made my life some much simpler. I have it setup so that I can run electric, acoustic, bass, and FOH.

• Members

I still pop in from time to time. It's a bit depressing when you come back 5 weeks later to find the last post you made is 3 from the top with no new posts. This place was so rocking I am amazed at the will and determination they put into crushing the place. Still shaking my head...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

The whole thing is mighty slow these days. I know a lot of people bailed when it got all weird here a couple years back. I'm sure FB is also partly to blame, there's a cover band group there with several thousand members that hash out all the same crap I've seen in BS/wtB for years.

I've never actually been a poster in this group, even though I've played guitar in bands for years I've never really cared that much about amps. The last several years my main function in the band is keyboards and because we use in-ears I don't use an amp. I do however still play some guitar in the group and because of all the crap I'm already hauling/setting up I tried to get away with just using the little Sans Amp Fly Rig but the sound guy just didn't like it so it was fortunate that I have this little Gibson Skylark amp from 1959. It's a featherweight with total tube authenticity that everybody loves.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived