Why do Lee Jackson amps seem so underpriced?

Cornholio Farquarth III

• Members

To be honest they really aren't that well known. I've only seen them being sold here and there and never actually heard one live so I'd have no idea whether they'd be something that suited me or not. The pricing I did see looked pretty good for a tube amp however. Miles better then some crappy black star.

• Members
To be honest they really aren't that well known. I've only seen them being sold here and there and never actually heard one live so I'd have no idea whether they'd be something that suited me or not. The pricing I did see looked pretty good for a tube amp however. Miles better then some crappy black star.

The popularity of these amps has waned over the years. His amps were popular during the metal JCM 800 era.

• Members

Some background on Lee Jackson . . .

Lee has been in the music industry, since the 70s and worked and designed for such companies as BC Rich Guitars, Paul Rivera, Pignose, Oberhiem , Fender, Crate and Ampeg. There are more details of this on his website.

His claim to fame started (like many) when he started modding Marshalls for brand name players, which he still does. Later he started his own amp lines under both the Lee Jackson and Metaltronix names, which he still produces. His amps were some of the first to have built-in power soak attenuators.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived