PA or Acoustic AMP

acappy

• Members

I am a very new beginner with a nylon string acoustic guitar.

Given my newness, I am not getting very strong sound when I pick or finger.

I thought that I should purchase a basic PA or a basic Acoustic AMP to give me additional feedback to assit in my learning curve.

Do either of these alternatives make sense?

Which alternative is best?

thanks

• Members

If you play badly now, all a PA is going to do is going to do is turn a small sucky sound into a big sucky sound.

I'd say, Quit trying to find shortcuts and learn to play the instrument. Seems like everyone want to be an expert overnight, It takes many years and many thousands of hours of hard work to become proficient musician. There are no shortcuts and there's no such thing as someone being more gifted than another. It comes down to raw hours working out the same way as a football player does when he works out to become a great athlete. No amp or technology is going to fake your way through that. If there was any such thing everyone would be a great musician.

Once you get your hands to do what your mind wants them to do, then you still have to have something interesting for them to do. That takes allot of musical study learning music and basics. Then when you have a couple of years under your belt then go ahead and buy a little PA for singing and playing through. Don't rush it though. Learn your stuff before you go out and show off. Then you'll knock them dead when you have something worthwhile listening to.

• Members
I am a very new beginner with a nylon string acoustic guitar.

Given my newness, I am not getting very strong sound when I pick or finger.

I thought that I should purchase a basic PA or a basic Acoustic AMP to give me additional feedback to assit in my learning curve.

Do either of these alternatives make sense?

Which alternative is best?

thanks

do either of these make sense? in a word, no. gear doesnt make you play well, correct and regular practice helps though...

Archived