Gonna have some fun!

FormerlyBassred

• Members

y day job is travelling and delivering speeches/presentations about company culture and customer service. I work for Zappos.com, and these are two areas that we have been looked to as a thought-leader, so my dance card is pretty full (I've done 5 engagements in April and the month isn't over)...

A couple of years ago I went to Louisville, KY 8 times throughout the course of one year to deliver a presentation to a large company. The sound/production co they hired was the same all 10 times they held the conference (two times I had to deliver my presentation to a camera here in Vegas and get beamed through the interwebs to their screen for various reasons). The sound guy was good, I never heard a honk, squeak or squeal at any of the events! Really nice guy, too. We chatted, since I've been the guy mixing the talking heads along with being the talking head..

He hit me up on Facebook recently. He has gotten into building tube amps and wondered if I would test one of his amps out and give him my thoughts. I agreed to test it out and provide him with my thoughts and a review on my blog no one reads (you can read it here...you guys might dig it, though a lot of it is about the Vegas scene, I'm sure there are similarities to some of the issues it addresses...) http://jwolskemftp.weebly.com/musings-for-the-people.html

It is a little unit with just one or two knobs, a couple of watts total... Can't wait to try something new - and to help a new small company out by testing/reviewing the product!

Just thought I'd share my excitement.Obviously, I'll post all about it on here, too!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Here is the official review I posted the other day. Bottom line: Better components and hand-wired, but simple - compared to my HRDIII it fell a little flat, but just a little bit and considering it is so simple, that much was expected (no reverb or presence, only Low and High EQ and a volume knob... )

Would make a good starting point in the studio - tone was very good, let the quality of each guitar really shine through. Designer had re-amping in mind to give Tubey life to digital tracks, I think it'll fill that need quite well. Would also be great as a second amp in a wet/dry setup, as it would take anything you can throw at it with ease..

Read the post!

Archived