Explorer Posse II

Master of You

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nothing new on the KL...I had to push things back a little bit. Still looking at woods and adding to my inlay designs. I've started putting them on fretboard templates though, to get a good idea of what it might look like.

whiteexp.jpg

exps.jpg

• Members

Gooches%20022.jpg

'85 Gibson Explorer XPL. Dirty finger pickups replaced with Duncan Custom5/59. Right now, it's my favorite.

Bobo_Agile.jpg

Newest addition, Agile Ghost. Duncan JB/59 .. reworked the volume/tone controls.

• Members

Originally posted by Master of You

Monty how is the Agile?? I have been thinking about getting one to mod the hell out of. How was it stock? Is it all mahogany?

:confused:

It's pretty nice, but overall it's a little chubbier feeling than what I am used to when it comes to explorers. I actually picked it up off fellow forumite spennrocks a few weeks back, so I can't really comment on the stock quality. He changed out all the hardware and I installed these pickups. It has a mahogany body, maple neck, and rosewood fretboard. It's pretty nice though, it feels great and plays very well. No buzz, easy/low action, and it has a nice pull on the strings too.

• Members

Originally posted by gerrekat

Not explorers but also pointies from trhe coolest guitar manufacturer in the world!

Metal Mike Chlasiack and Steve Smyth ripping it up for Testament last sunday In Belgium!

TWIN DEAN V attack!

Testament%20guitars%20small.jpg

Ah, dude, that's fucking sweet. Stock pickups too??

Archived