The Tech 21 TM-60 cool settings thread

nonreglA

• Members

I now have Tech 21 trademark 60 amp and really like it so far. I've tried all the recommended factory settings for the various tones and sounds. I was wondering if any of you other TM-60 users out there had stumbled onto any other cool settings and felt like sharing?

Always trying to make the knife a little sharper ... in the endless pursuit of ... (fill in the blank)

• Members

I don't have a TM-60 but I do have the TM-10. One thing I found recently was that it responded very nicely when used with a Boss compresser pedal. Something you might want to concider one if you not totally thrilled with your TM-60's response.

• Members

I bought one of these based on the glorified reviews in the HC reviews section(last time I do that). I found that the distortion on channel 2 is kinda mushy and undefined lacking that traditional tube amp growl that it claims to emulate. I basically bought it for a lightweight backup to carry to gigs and with a EQ in the loop with the upper mids pushed up a bit to clear up the mushiness plus the fact that its light and with some cool features like the solo boost, overall, its not a bad little combo.

So, to answer your question: Try an EQ pedal in the loop with the 1600hz and 3200hz pushed up a bit.

• Members

I'll give that a try. I have a Boss GE-7 that should do the trick in what you suggest. Personally I find the TM-60 to be pretty good just the way it is w/o adding anything.

I have an Xotic Robotalk envelope filter pedal that I tried in the effects loop. It worked pretty good but I'm not all that crazy about that particular pedal. I paid an arm and a leg for it and it turned out to be not all that useful. Guess I'd let it go for a pretty god savings if anyone's interested. It's brand new.

• Members

Hey,

I love the Trademark60. Live I use 2 Engl heads but in practice I always use the Trademark. I love the Direct out- so easy to go right into the PA. As for setting- I just dime the gain and High Low. The clean channel the drive is at 10:30 and the punch is on 9:30. The clean channel really depends on what pickups you're using. It's a killer little amp. The thing rocks!

• Members

I've been using a really neat setting on my TM-60 for clean jazz. It's pretty close to the George Benson setting in the owners manual but not quite the same.

I call it "Kenny Burrell" jazz.

Here are the numbers:

CH 1:

Bite: Out

Drive: 10:00

Punch: 11:00

Level: 11:30

Master:

Link: In

Boost: 11:30

Reverb: 8:00

Low: 10:30

High: 10:00

Also, FYI, here is a site with some TM-10 settings for those of you who use that Tech 21 amp:

http://home.earthlink.net/~halouis/tm10/

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I found a decent Trey Anastasioesque tone on mine.

I can't get the exact numbers since I don't want to wake anyone up right now but here they are from memory.

Channel 1: Bite IN, punch 1 o clock'ish, gain 3-4 o clock, bass at 12, treble at around 1. I think it sounds pretty cool for leads. :)

• Members

Try a compressor (I use a T-REX Compnova), on a Tweed setting it really does make all the difference. I've had more compliments on my playing since using this amp. I've had Boogie, Fender, Vox etc. in the past. The DI is great so is the mic'd sound with a SM58.

Archived