UPS damaged my item...question about claims

Myriad_Rocker

• Members

youre most likely gonna get screwed. I had to wait a week for them to schedule and inspector to come out, then another week to actually come out (all while sitting on a broken head... kinda). I had to keep all packaging, and couldnt even get it repaired since they had to inspect it... never heard from them but the seller refunded the repair costs since the packaging wasnt exactly stellar.

• Members

I hear UPS only covers lost items unless you have them "professionally" (ha ha) package it at the UPS store. And for items valued over $300 they have to be shipped air. Or at least this is the rap they gave me. I sold a SG Standard a few months ago, UPS store wanted nearly $200 to ship it, package it, insure it from damage :)

• Members

I had an item delivered by FedEx get stolen. I wan't home when the delivery guy came and he just left it sitting in front of my door. When I did get home, the package was long gone.

The seller refunded my money pretty fast and I would imagine that they billed FedEx for refunding me. In any event, I didn't have to wait for very long to get my money, maybe a week.

• Members

Originally posted by vegas_jay

The seller refunded my money pretty fast and I would imagine that they billed FedEx for refunding me. In any event, I didn't have to wait for very long to get my money, maybe a week.

Yeah, but that was all about the seller being really cool about it. Who knows what kind of crap Fed Ex gave them or if they even saw any money from them. My guess is that if they didn't specifically request a signature then Fed Ex did not reimburse them at all because once they drop it off they're going to claim that it was out of their hands.

Archived