New rig is finally hear

textdivine

• Members

Engl 530

Peavey Classic 120/120

G-Major

Vader 4x12

end result...:eek:

I had the mosvalve 500 hooked up last night and lets just say I was dissapointed but then I put the Peavey in the mix and a whole different world. I really like the Vader cab, not harsh at all and very tight low end...anyone else use these?

The Engl and Peavey actually remind me alot of a 5150 but the clean is alot better. I will have clips up soon.

• Members

You know the Vader cab is not as dark sounding as I thought it would be. It has really tight low end, highs are there but not piercing, and the mids are perfect. Again, the way I have the eq setup it reminds alot of a 5150 w/o the buzzy distortion and a good clean. Which is great because I really like those except I don't want to pay $900 for one on Ebay.

Hey SeraphSlaughter, nice rig
:D

Do you like it?

• Members
Originally posted by textdivine

Engl 530

Peavey Classic 120/120

G-Major

Vader 4x12

end result...
:eek:

I had the mosvalve 500 hooked up last night and lets just say I was dissapointed but then I put the Peavey in the mix and a whole different world. I really like the Vader cab, not harsh at all and very tight low end...anyone else use these?

The Engl and Peavey actually remind me alot of a 5150 but the clean is alot better. I will have clips up soon.

I've really been wanting to hear some clips of the 530...post em ASAP!

-Joe

• Members

Originally posted by textdivine

Engl 530

Peavey Classic 120/120

G-Major

Vader 4x12

I really like the Vader cab, not harsh at all and very tight low end...anyone else use these?

I run a Triple Rect into a Vader 4x12. I do find it pretty dark....but you're right on that the bass response is tight, particularly for as large as the cab is. And I also agree that the highs are not piercing.

I've had it cranked several times and the mid range really opens up and the cab just grinds......in a good way.

Archived