This guy KILLS me!!!!!

STEEL KAGE

• Members

I stubled across this Joey Dahlia Character a while back on the Line 6 forums and he was a laughing stock over there He goes on about being a virtuoso and after you see his lesson clips maybe youll have a different opinion. I dont know how he got on chops from hell but damn the dude is strange!!!

heres a link;

http://p066.ezboard.com/bthejoeydahliaschoolofmodernguitar

and his website http://www.joeydahlia.com/Joey%20Dahlia's%20GUITAR%20SCHOOL.htm

He used to speak about himself in the 3rd person, I got a kick out of that

Ive never laughed so hard in my life, hes the Shred version of Ryan Parry!!!

Kage

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

3 years back he IM'd me asking for my opinion on his playing. I remember telling him that his vibrato and bends needed work as did his speed picking. He is a LOT better now than 3 years ago let me tell you. Some of his newer recorded stuff is actually not bad. The funniest guitar forum posts were always Joey Dahlia started threads for a long time :D He doesn't post anywhere near as much though :(

• Members

Originally posted by salvador

omg you GOT to see this:

haha make sure to watch till the end!!!

scores points though for wearing a mullet. he reminded me of garth from wayne's world.

Good freaking Lord that is B A D and I don't usually say stuff like that.

That said..... It looks like he is trying to play like my Friend Richard tull (you will need real player to watch)

Richard is the real deal and I'm going to try and get him to post on HC.

http://www.chopsfromhell.com/tull1_ex1.rm

• Members

Originally posted by Robotechnology

3 years back he IM'd me asking for my opinion on his playing. I remember telling him that his vibrato and bends needed work as did his speed picking. He is a LOT better now than 3 years ago let me tell you. Some of his newer recorded stuff is actually not bad. The funniest guitar forum posts were always Joey Dahlia started threads for a long time
:D
He doesn't post anywhere near as much though
:(

He has gotten better and Ive heard some moments that werent bad but damn, you cant market that stuff the way he does, thats unadulterated BS!!!!

KAge

• Members

Originally posted by STEEL KAGE

Im not sure If I did!!! and who says that the Mentally handicapped arent given equal opportunity?

No, I was quoting him in the vid...After it comes back on and he does his thing, he asks that at the end..."Did you catch that?" and then a quick grin before it cuts out...good stuff!

• Members

Originally posted by nwright

No, I was quoting him in the vid...After it comes back on and he does his thing, he asks that at the end..."Did you catch that?" and then a quick grin before it cuts out...good stuff!

Thats what I was talking about Nate, I didnt catch what he was talking about:D

• Members

Originally posted by STEEL KAGE

Thats what I was talking about Nate, I didnt catch what he was talking about:D

Haha, I guess I don't either!

The 2nd one with the Yngwie stuff is good, too..."other guys know how to play it and they just play it. Now, I'll show you how to play it."

• Members

LOL!!! Oh man, I'm watching the "uTellMJoey" video. I got to "now, sweep picking is a BAD habit. It doesn't mean nuthin'. It just means that you developed a bad habit."

This is killin' me! I'm going to watch more, because this is some great stuff.

Oh, and Ed, I haven't seen anything at 1/2 speed yet... perhaps he'll speed it up in one of the other videos.

• Members

Originally posted by Bob Savage

LOL!!! Oh man, I'm watching the "uTellMJoey" video. I got to "now, sweep picking is a BAD habit. It doesn't mean nuthin'. It just means that you developed a bad habit."

This is killin' me! I'm going to watch more, because this is some great stuff.

Oh, and Ed, I haven't seen anything at 1/2 speed yet... perhaps he'll speed it up in one of the other videos.

I meant it's way slow for shred stuff.

As in, if you want to do shred lets do 16th notes at above 180bpm. Not at 90.

• Members

Originally posted by Ed DeGenaro

I meant it's way slow for shred stuff.

As in, if you want to do shred lets do 16th notes at above 180bpm. Not at 90.

16th at 180?!?!?!??! Killing me.....

Ed, sorry about the crap articule in GP regarding the CD launch, imo you guys should have gotten more coverage. Next time invite them to the HOM for proper news content :cool:

Archived