OT: What the bloody hell tuning is Shot in the Dark in????

TheDarxide

• Members

Originally posted by Exocaster

IIRC, that's the one with the lowest two strings tuned up a step. Low to high, it's F# B D G B E. I could be wrong, though.

Firts off, what does IIRC mean?

Second, I haven't played that song in a while, but I think you may be right.

• Members

Originally posted by mctallica1

if i recall correctly.

That might explain it. It plays comfortably in standard, but the low pedals don't sound right. I'll try tuning the low strings up when i get in.

• Members

Originally posted by mctallica1

IIRC = If I recall correctly. I don't remember if it's standard with the bottom strings tuned up, or down 1/2 step with the bottom strings tuned up to F and Bb, though.

• Members

Originally posted by TheDarxide

No, it isn't. The drama is *because* it's a simple song and I can't bloody get it to sound right.
:mad:

Dude -- you would think that for a Wednesday at 11am, I'd have my brain engaged?? I was thinking you were talking about "Bark at the Moon" for some damn reason? :o

Shot in the Dark. Yes -- you're correct. Either you get some might fancy fingerings going on, or you re-tune the low strings. You can play this in std tuning, but you end up looking like Alan Holdsworth doing it.

• Members

Originally posted by BerkleeBill

Dude -- you would think that for a Wednesday at 11am, I'd have my brain engaged?? I was thinking you were talking about "Bark at the Moon" for some damn reason?
:o

Shot in the Dark. Yes -- you're correct. Either you get some might fancy fingerings going on, or you re-tune the low strings. You can play this in std tuning, but you end up looking like Alan Holdsworth doing it.

:D That's okay..... although you nearly had me going....

Tried again last night, F# and B is perfect, and once I knew what I was doing, I managed it in standard, but it was a bit sloppier.

Thanks guys.

• Members

Originally posted by Exocaster

IIRC = If I recall correctly.

Funny story about IIRC:

I e-mailed the manager of my old band yesterday about some gear of mine he still has- couple of mics, some cables, monitor speaker- and used "IIRC" in the e-mail.

I got a response back saying he and the singer didn't know what the IIRC was or what it looked like, so they didn't find it. :D

• 12 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Great song, written by Phil Soussan (Ozzball's bassist on the album). Little known fact, if you want to hear "equivalent" tracks he wrote for the album (that never made it on Ultimate Sin, of course), then look no further than "Look In Her Eyes" and "The Edge" both tunes off of Vince Neil's Exposed album (circa 91 or 92...I think?). "Look In Her Eyes" is Bark At The Moon equivalent track, and "The Edge" is S.A.T.O equivalent track. Yes, I know Phil played on neither of those albums (it was the amazing Bob Daisley), but Phil was asked to write more material at the time, and the camp wanted equivalent tracks available. Really pathetic how Ozzball has had zero involvement in the creative elements that saw his name climb the charts after he left Sabbath or was fired. Whatever. Always the weakest member of ANY lineup he's ever employed, so I'm sure he knows that somewhere in the back of his mind. What a loser.

• 1 year later...

Archived