OT Shure: pg57 vs sm57 vs beta 57

"sasquatch"

• Members

Can anyone here confirm that the pg and the sm are the same (other than road worthiness) and the beta is a step up (soundwise) from both?

I want a relatively inexpensive guitar mic for home recording only. I have an audio-technica mb2k, but it seems a bit harsh at times, especially in the highs and the 57 seems to always capture what i hear coming from the amp.

thoughts? recommendations?

• Members

Originally posted by doggage5050

what advantages does the i5 have over the sm57?

It's a bit more "HiFi" sounding. In short, it adds a bunch of sound to the mix that a competant mixer would end up cutting out, in most cases, later. The beauty of the SM57 is that it bypasses all of the mess and gives you something complete...

If you're making clips, fine, buy i5 or e609--shouldn't matter. If you have any plans of recording for a dense rock mix though, consider the SM57...

• Members

Originally posted by The*Ataris

It's a bit more "HiFi" sounding. In short, it adds a bunch of sound to the mix that a competant mixer would end up cutting out, in most cases, later. The beauty of the SM57 is that it bypasses all of the mess and gives you something complete...

If you're making clips, fine, buy i5 or e609--shouldn't matter. If you have any plans of recording for a dense rock mix though, consider the SM57...

I agree. The i5 and e609 always sounded like ass with my Superbass. The 57 works all the time, everytime. :thu:

Archived