Celestion pics: Hellatone 60L vs. Vintage 30.

Valtiel

• Members

I said something in an old thread about the Hellatone 60L's difference from a regular Vintage being a 55hz cone instead of a 75. This is NOT true. I spoke to Dave at Avatar who debunked this when I ordered a pair of 60L's, here are some side by side pics to show the small differences.

Vintage 30:

P3260127.jpg

Hellatone 60L:

P3260128.jpg

P3260130.jpg

As you can see, the 60L has a different dust cap, its more solid and would cut down on the treble beam, similar to a G12-65. Also according to the label on the back, its a 70 watt speaker as opposed to a normal 60 watt Vintage 30.

• Members

As you can see, the 60L has a different dust cap, its more solid and would cut down on the treble beam, similar to a G12-65. Also according to the label on the back, its a 70 watt speaker as opposed to a normal 60 watt Vintage 30.

actually, no. g12-65s had a much larger, flatter, softer fabric dustcap, which is part of why they were so warm... but there's a lot more to speakers than what you can see looking at them.

the 60L looks a more like the relic 30 that GC sold a bunch of a while back... which would make sense, since apparently there was enough of a surplus of those mode4 speakers that celestion ended up selling them off to people other than marshall.

• Members

actually, no. g12-65s had a much larger, flatter, softer fabric dustcap, which is part of why they were so warm... but there's a lot more to speakers than what you can see looking at them.

the 60L looks a more like the relic 30 that GC sold a bunch of a while back... which would make sense, since apparently there was enough of a surplus of those mode4 speakers that celestion ended up selling them off to people other than marshall.

Yea I know it has a much bigger dust cap, im just saying its a similar idea.

Archived