Wiring in my 4x12.....Help ASAP!!!!...It's working but unsure if its right..w/ pic

Hillshire9

• Members

I'm trying to figure out what the wiring in my Valveking 4x12 is supposed to look like. Only to two bottom speakers are working. I think I messed up somewhere. Anyone know how it is supposed to be wired. It is a 16 ohm cab with 4 16 ohm speakers and 2 output jacks. Your help is greatly apprieciated.

if this isn't the coolest pic I don't know what is.....lol:thu:

speakers-1.jpg

• Members

why do you need 2 .?..you only need one..neg is the shaft..and pos

is the tip..what else do you need to know.?

the only thing is mine has two jacks....also the wires are not set up in a way that the pic would work........Anybody else....please....need to make sure i have it done correctly

• Members

why do you need 2 .?..you only need one..neg is the shaft..and pos

is the tip..what else do you need to know.?

cause mine has the wires for 2 jacks and I know that the way mine was wired isnt the same as your pic. I just am not sure if i got it all hooked back up correctly.

• Members

Yours is most likely wired for stereo. I am not a fan of that anyway, why do you need 2 inputs? Just wire it to one input and make it a mono cab.

I was just trying to get it back to the way it was when I started this morning. I forgot what went to where like a retard. So basically I just want it to work the way it was with out having to change things around.

• Members

Then wire it the way you have been shown and connect your pos and neg to one input and ignore the other. You will end up selecting 16 ohms from your head output.

That's what I have been using. It's a 16 ohm cab. What is the advantage of a mono cab to a Stereo cab?

• Members

just make it a 16ohm cab and be done with it.

or wire it in straight stereo and have 2 complete seperate things..

thats a cool idea..i might do that with a cheap cab..so you can flop

speaker combos back and forth..( i have no idea on that switching thing)

I don't know if I wired my speakers right when I had taken out two of my V30's for G12T75's, then decided to put my V30's back in. My cab is 4/16 ohms mono and 8 ohms stereo.

• Members

just make it a 16ohm cab and be done with it.

or wire it in straight stereo and have 2 complete seperate things..

thats a cool idea..i might do that with a cheap cab..so you can flop

speaker combos back and forth..( i have no idea on that switching thing)

Nevermind, I did it right. I wired it the way Marshall wires their 1960's and I just looked on Marshal'ls website and 1960's are also 4/16 mono and 8 stereo.

• Members

Well there should not be hiss if it was not there before. Is your output on your head on 16 ohms? Do you have any loose quick connects? I never use quick connects because they suck. Now, if you want to use them, then you can easily solder them onto the lug and you will get a much better connection. Did you mix up your pos and neg? Check it again, it should not hiss.

Archived