Old pics. of Megadeth show 86'

Inca Roads

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

this thread is so awesome. I would have killed to see that lineup of megadeth (my favorite). I saw them with So Far lineup as GNR's replacement on the Seventh Son tour. Mustaine was knee deep in whiskey, heroin and whatever else and they totally sucked. I was very disappointed. Maiden on the other hand was phenomenal...

• Members

Me too... He's been doing it for the last 25 years though...
:confused:

whats funny is i notice it's always the same group of people bashing him on here every chance they get..... or whining about him :idea::lol:

cool pics man- i was in 8th grade back then and just discovered them lol....ah the good ole days. looks like they're using 800's and some rockman rack gear? lol

• Members

this thread is so awesome. I would have killed to see that lineup of megadeth (my favorite). I saw them with So Far lineup as GNR's replacement on the Seventh Son tour. Mustaine was knee deep in whiskey, heroin and whatever else and they totally sucked. I was very disappointed. Maiden on the other hand was phenomenal...

Hey! I saw that show as well...Cedar Rapids right? We stayed at the hotel there and met Dave Ellefson the next morning and Steve Harris was swimming in the pool with the fam and Bruce was playing pinball right by the entrance of the pool!

• Members

Hey! I saw that show as well...Cedar Rapids right? We stayed at the hotel there and met Dave Ellefson the next morning and Steve Harris was swimming in the pool with the fam and Bruce was playing pinball right by the entrance of the pool!

Cedar Rapids it was. {censored}ing awesome show. I was so stoked to hear Megadeth was replacing GNR because I despised them at the time. then to have Megadeth suck as they did was really disappointing. I saw Megadeth another time up in your neck of the woods at the Palmer. I think it was druing Countdown era. If I remember correctly they had Flotsam and Jetsam opening with Korn as well. Very weird bill.

• Members

Cedar Rapids it was. {censored}ing awesome show. I was so stoked to hear Megadeth was replacing GNR because I despised them at the time. then to have Megadeth suck as they did was really disappointing. I saw Megadeth another time up in your neck of the woods at the Palmer. I think it was druing Countdown era. If I remember correctly they had Flotsam and Jetsam opening with Korn as well. Very weird bill.

Yeah, I was there as well....pretty sure it wasn't Flotsam there (I have only seen them once when a band I was in opened for them), I know KORN was there I think (Fieldy fell on my wife out in the crowd after they played and he was dicking around in the crowd). Couldn't tell you if there was another band on the bill at the moment, if there was I don't remember who it was. I have a couple of my tickets and the dates are 1993 and 1995. Probably the 93 show right?

• Members

Yeah, I was there as well....pretty sure it wasn't Flotsam there (I have only seen them once when a band I was in opened for them), I know KORN was there I think (Fieldy fell on my wife out in the crowd after they played and he was dicking around in the crowd). Couldn't tell you if there was another band on the bill at the moment, if there was I don't remember who it was. I have a couple of my tickets and the dates are 1993 and 1995. Probably the 93 show right?

'Twas actually my 1st show. Megadeth, Fear Factory, Korn, and Flotsam and Jetsam...It was the "Reckoning Day" tour in '95, I believe.

• Members

I actually think I saw Megadeth twice in the QC; but dont quote me. I went to so many shows abck in the day. I remember Flotsam at the Col Ballroom; Megadeth; Nirvana (ugh); there are more but my brain is kind of foggy. was Primus up there at one point? I know I saw them in IC during Pork Soda tour...Grim Reaper/Helloween...its a pretty long list once I think about it. good times

Archived