Vito Bratta... Holy Crap

spruilldog

• Members

I remember White Lion from when I was a teenager and just getting into guitar. I recently got re-interested in really learning the instrument after several years of not playing much. Like most people who are washed up I started listening to some of the stuff from my teenage years and holy crap. I knew it sounded good then but I didn't realize how talented Vito Bratta was when I was a kid. Whatever happened to this guy? I read he had some family issues with his parents and some medical problems with his wrist. I sure would like to hear him put something out again. No wonder I couldn't play any of his stuff back then.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I remember White Lion from when I was a teenager and just getting into guitar. I recently got re-interested in really learning the instrument after several years of not playing much. Like most people who are washed up I started listening to some of the stuff from my teenage years and holy crap. I knew it sounded good then but I didn't realize how talented Vito Bratta was when I was a kid. Whatever happened to this guy? I read he had some family issues with his parents and some medical problems with his wrist. I sure would like to hear him put something out again. No wonder I couldn't play any of his stuff back then.

Last i heard, he left the music business altogether, he had been taking care of his dad, Vito is an enormous talent.:thu:

• Members

I remember hearing he ripped off EVH licks, and lives in his parents basement giving Vinnie Vincent blowjobs, probably in a twisted attempt to gain some originality.

But, that aside, I did like his solo spot that was on Youtube. However, I like Vinnie and Lynch more.

• Members

He may have ripped EVH licks but he did it tastefully and
melodically
. I'm not sure melodic is in the EVH vocabulary.

:facepalm:

"When the Children Cry" does suck badly and its probably Bratta's worst solo. Just horribly bland and the bending sounds a bit off.

• Members

I remember hearing he ripped off EVH licks, and lives in his parents basement giving Vinnie Vincent blowjobs, probably in a twisted attempt to gain some originality.

But, that aside, I did like his solo spot that was on Youtube. However, I like Vinnie and Lynch more.

Don't hold back dewd..

• Members

I THINK he is back on Long Island and sells insurance or something like that, he left the biz on his own terms.

If he did rip off EVH he took tapping up one notch from what Eddie was doing, hiss vibrato was not near Ed's though.

Huh, I thought I read somewhere that he was working at a bakery or deli or something like that, making bagels???? cant remember what but something like that.

• Members

Huh, I thought I read somewhere that he was working at a bakery or deli or something like that, making bagels???? cant remember what but something like that.

Where is he now?

According to our sources Vito is still living in the Bratta family house in Staten Island and lives an unglamorous life by choice. He's a family man who doesn't seem to want anything to do with fame or the music industry anymore. His silence has made for some interesting rumors- he's a computer guy or works in a pizza shop, can't play music anymore because of a hand injury, is fat, etc. There may be truth to the injury report but it isn't clear that it's a lingering injury and he does still play guitar. He's definitely not fat, as can be seen in recent (2005) pictures. More updates to come soon.

Despite his cult status and large guitar-based following, Vito has not been involved in the music industry in any capacity since 1994. According to a small piece in Guitar World magazine, Vito is said to now be "working with computers". Sources today report Vito's current interest is the real estate industry.

Who knows :confused:

• Members

He grew up in NY (Staten Island) and theres been TONZ of rumors about him from being a cab driver to mangling his hand to hating the world :lol:

The guy played in a puss band that wrote some girlie tunes but HOLY SHIT can he really play the fiddle

theres a big interview floating around the net (im lazy) with him on the eddie Trunk show and he talks about his playing, career etc - its kinda interesting because hes a kinda shy recluse private guy - someone go link it plzz

Ooooo and BTW Vito Bratta >>> you :wave:

:rawk:

Archived