Gibson hit an all fail high - Gibson Hendrix Strat

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shameless

Comment

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-StratOSonic-DV-II?sku=511259

They were apparently a smashing failure.

Perhaps because they're hideous?

And the timing was all wrong - they needed to wait till now, with Gibson ****************ting its own pants with senile dementia.

Make it look like a strat, with a strat scratch plate, strat hardtail, no gay names for it, or its hardware, just call it a stratocaster and make it from mahogany and with a set neck. That would sell like condoms in a brothel

Comment

Look at this menagerie of horse****************:

It's missing the esteban hat and black glasses.

Comment

Who ever said the Hendrix family had an ounce of dignity? Jimi left everything to his dad who left it all to his daughter. She controls everything and gives not one cent to Jimi's brother who he loved.

Comment

These aren't Gibson guitars.

THey're probably going to be sold at Wal Mart type places along with the n00b level First Act guitars. Gibson one upped First Act by giving it, it's own brand. i.e. THe Experience or whatever the **************** was written on top of the action figure type box it comes in. First Act on the other hand just tarnished the **************** out of their name, by producing all the cheap junk. They actually have a bad ass custom shop, that makes some killer guitars under the same "First Act" brand. Hell, EVH is just another Fender brand.

Now, if this were a USA Gibson "Strat" with Gibson across the headstock... that would be ****************ed up. Especially if it were $$$$$

Comment

"Specifically chosen for its innovation, quality and global impact, Authentic Hendrix LLC began conversations with the Gibson Guitar Corp. in 2008..."

Originally Posted by Norton666 (15/07/2009)

Give it 6 months and the Axe-Fx will be mentioned in the same sentence as the Johnson Millenium stuff.

Comment

im sure its just a business decision. fail, yes. but im sure they will sell lots of them to n00bs. i bet there is actually a big market for this. HCEF not a representative sample.

Comment

They'll sell a **************** load.

I guarantee it.

Comment

Fender should just release the secret weapon and tell Jol at Hamer to re-design the Monaco to look more like an LP

Fender should release another secret weapon...
                    Vyizder Zomenimor Orziz Aziz Zanerz Orziz

Comment

****************ing fail
                      Proud member of WETA
                      The He-Man Emo Wimmin Luverz Club
                      Mesa/Boogie Mob m/m/
                      PRS Std 24
                      Rivera Knucklehead Tre
                      Peavey XXX
                      Mesa/Boogie 4x12 Recto Cab

Originally Posted by ~Abstract~

ROFLROFL

Maybe next time huh?

Naa naa boo boo stick your head in doodoo.

Originally Posted by pink freud

Here's a visual representation of how much I care:

Originally Posted by AtarisPunk29

your guitar is an extension of your penis. Learn to wield it.

Originally Posted by Electrikon

for a "Metal" band, that song wasn't even fast enough to rollerskate to.

Comment

**************** Janie Hendrix!!!!!!!! Jimi's rolling over in his grave.
                        Originally Posted by rushtallica

A personal goal of mine is to pull off simultaneously duckwalking & windmilling while using someone else's teeth as a pick while playing one of the Jimi Gibson strats through an exploding Bugera.

Originally Posted by OverDriven

I like a little thickness. After all, the angle of the dangle is proportionate to the cube of the boob times the mass of the ass. This, of course, doesn't take into account the sag of the bag.

Comment

You people are all retarded.

Comment

Esplain
                            Originally Posted by Voltaire

Yes, didn't you know? He likes it when people **************** on his chest.

that's what an emo is, right?

Originally Posted by Voltaire

I came in this thread expecting a picture of **************** in the shape of jesus though. so, kinda disappointed.

Formerly known as sg love

Comment

These aren't Gibson guitars.

THey're probably going to be sold at Wal Mart type places along with the n00b level First Act guitars. Gibson one upped First Act by giving it, it's own brand. i.e. THe Experience or whatever the **************** was written on top of the action figure type box it comes in. First Act on the other hand just tarnished the **************** out of their name, by producing all the cheap junk. They actually have a bad ass custom shop, that makes some killer guitars under the same "First Act" brand. Hell, EVH is just another Fender brand.

Now, if this were a USA Gibson "Strat" with Gibson across the headstock... that would be ****************ed up. Especially if it were $$$$$

Comment

As a huge Hendrix fan, I'm in disbelief at this horror.

What kid is going to want this? I was a baby when Hendrix died. What kid these days is going to be excited about a Hendrix guitar, especially when Fender already has several?

This is so stupid that it is actually embarrassing. I don't know who is crazier, the sister for trying this or Gibson for falling for it.
                                "Lol, how many amps are you gonna blow through before you collapse in a pool of your own semen?" - thinkpad20

"Mark my words...I will NOT sell my next Cobra. Put this in your sig and smoke it.....
                                " - Dimebag11, 14 Dec 2007

Awesome pedals from an old high school bud:
                                http://www.robertkeeley.com/

My other high school bud's band:
                                http://www.myspace.com/yearofthemoth

Comment

Working...
                                X