No announcement yet.

Kirk Hammett, looks and sounds like he's about to start crying

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys crack me up....

First, everyone gets pissed cuz' they change their style and mellow out only to be looked apon as sellouts who wont play what made them who they are.

Then, once they work at getting back to what they were all of the sudden everyone says oooooooohhhh noooo..... the same old blues scale.

Metallica is a great band who have made it commercially.
    Deal with it ya' jealous babies.

First they earn hate because of changing their music style.
    After that they earn hate because they want to go back to that what made them so successful. So what? They can't do anything correctly, right?

About Kirk:
    He is not responsible for his voice and looks, why do you even care about that?
    Also, he might be overrated as a guitar player, but really, there are many overrated guitar players. He and his solos absolutely fit into Metallica's music. Yeah, he uses the wah pedal a lot but is that really so disturbing?

Comment

Your avatar sent me into a pre-turkey fap spasm.

like he's about to start hiccupping and blowing snot bubbles and sucking his lower lip in and out and start bawling like a li'l bay-by

every time he talks

Spitefully envious of his millions, his ranches, and his undeserved success, what I'd like to do here with this thread is bash that ****************in little crybaby for the following items, and I hope you'll join me:

- the shrill, bright, trebly tone. Live it's just ridiculous, but recorded, too?
      - the pre-teen mustache
      - the curly skullet
      - the way he just looks impossible. Like a fabricated person, a composite of 5 or 6 lesser nerds
      - THAT UBIQUITOUS, PERVASIVE, ALWAYS ****************ING ON WAH-WAH PEDAL
      - how he's managed to get less musical, less melodic, and use less and less technique over time to the point where he's gone from some catchy solos on Puppets and Justice (I think, anyway) to nothing more at all than trem-picked chromaticisms embellished with a tone control (the aforementioned wah pedal).

I realize there are 1000 other metal bands/people more deserving of discussion than this bit of old-and-stale, but Mr. Crammett is still making a lot of money and he was brought up in another thread, and that triggered this along with my deciding to hate him.

Comment

KISS sucks
        Mesa Roadster head KT-77
        Mesa Stiletto Deuce ll
        Mesa Dual recto head-KT 77
        Peavey xxx head-KT77
        2 Traynor 4x12s cabs (V30S)
        Silverburst les paul
        Eventide Timefactor,Modfactor,decimator,voodoo power
        +2

Comment

All I have to say is that he is overrataed. He relies on the same blues, pentatonic, wah fueled solos over and over, and people still seem to love it. Wheras his thrash metal contemporaries (e.g. Mustaine, Skolnick) don't always play that same old rehashed **************** over and over, and try new stuff.

Mustaine relies heavily on the blues, pentatonic.

Comment

Mustaine relies heavily on the blues, pentatonic.

Wrong.

In fact, Mustaine uses harmonic minor scales just as often if not more.

Comment

YEAH!

While we're at it, lets piss on Alexander Graham Bell for ****************ing up and not inventing the cell phone in the first place. Lulz wirez? And what's with the ****************ty sound? And a crank? pleez. If he was smart enough, we could have phones put in our brains by now.

Comment

Wrong.

In fact, Mustaine uses harmonic minor scales just as often if not more.

Hmmm...I watched a lesson he gave for Comcast On Demand, and those were his exact words.

Comment

Hmmm...I watched a lesson he gave for Comcast On Demand, and those were his exact words.

Dave usually has no idea what he's talking about.

He's a pretty stupid **************** when it comes to theory.

His solos in songs like Wake Up Dead, Into The Lungs of Hell, In My Darkest Hour, etc. are based in harmonic minor.

Comment

Dave usually has no idea what he's talking about.

He's a pretty stupid **************** when it comes to theory.

His solos in songs like Wake Up Dead, Into The Lungs of Hell, In My Darkest Hour, etc. are based in harmonic minor.

Me too, obviously, or I might have known by listening.

Maybe I should have said "I thought" before posting those comments.

Comment

Kirk knows way more about theory than Mustaine but for some reason he sucks cock.

Comment

Schecter Loomis Sig
                        Schecter 30th ann C-1
                        Splawn Nitro KT88 (Incoming)
                        ENGL Pro 4x12
                        Genz G-Flex 4x12

Good Transactions

panzerdivision/ MRAAJR/oltzthrower/ fateofthorns666/
                        akester/Traumatized

Comment

I want those shoes!
                          Are they true bypass?

Comment

First they earn hate because of changing their music style.
                            After that they earn hate because they want to go back to that what made them so successful. So what? They can't do anything correctly, right?

About Kirk:
                            He is not responsible for his voice and looks, why do you even care about that?
                            Also, he might be overrated as a guitar player, but really, there are many overrated guitar players. He and his solos absolutely fit into Metallica's music. Yeah, he uses the wah pedal a lot but is that really so disturbing?

1. No one said anything to the effect you two are disputing.
                            2. None of that has anything to do with this thread.
                            3. The person in question, one Quirk Crammitt, is:
                            a. not your little brother; you don't need to defend him
                            b. not the catcher of your rye; you don't need to defend him
                            c. worth about $350 million; you don't need to defend him
                            d. perfectly deserving of this thread

If you would, kindly abandon the fanboi nippleheadedness and please say something funny about the guy's pathetic facial hair or generally get on board with the nonsensical quasi-hatred, or, continue missing the point.

Comment

I want those shoes!
                              Are they true bypass?

No need for true bypass when they are always in the 'on' position.

In fact, I think the switches should be removed.
                              Schecter Loomis Sig
                              Schecter 30th ann C-1
                              Splawn Nitro KT88 (Incoming)
                              ENGL Pro 4x12
                              Genz G-Flex 4x12

Good Transactions

panzerdivision/ MRAAJR/oltzthrower/ fateofthorns666/
                              akester/Traumatized

Comment

KISS sucks

like an Electrolux

Comment

Working...
                                X