Kirk Hammett, looks and sounds like he's about to start crying

FZRJunkie

• Members

like he's about to start hiccupping and blowing snot bubbles and sucking his lower lip in and out and start bawling like a li'l bay-by

every time he talks

Spitefully envious of his millions, his ranches, and his undeserved success, what I'd like to do here with this thread is bash that {censored}in little crybaby for the following items, and I hope you'll join me:

- the shrill, bright, trebly tone. Live it's just ridiculous, but recorded, too?

- the pre-teen mustache

- the curly skullet

- the way he just looks impossible. Like a fabricated person, a composite of 5 or 6 lesser nerds

- THAT UBIQUITOUS, PERVASIVE, ALWAYS {censored}ING ON WAH-WAH PEDAL

- how he's managed to get less musical, less melodic, and use less and less technique over time to the point where he's gone from some catchy solos on Puppets and Justice (I think, anyway) to nothing more at all than trem-picked chromaticisms embellished with a tone control (the aforementioned wah pedal).

I realize there are 1000 other metal bands/people more deserving of discussion than this bit of old-and-stale, but Mr. Crammett is still making a lot of money and he was brought up in another thread, and that triggered this along with my deciding to hate him.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

like he's about to start hiccupping and blowing snot bubbles and sucking his lower lip in and out and start bawling like a li'l bay-by

every time he talks

Spitefully envious of his millions, his ranches, and his undeserved success, what I'd like to do here with this thread is bash that {censored}in little crybaby for the following items, and I hope you'll join me:

- the shrill, bright, trebly tone. Live it's just ridiculous, but recorded, too?

- the pre-teen mustache

- the curly skullet

- the way he just looks impossible. Like a fabricated person, a composite of 5 or 6 lesser nerds

- THAT UBIQUITOUS, PERVASIVE, ALWAYS {censored}ING ON WAH-WAH PEDAL

- how he's managed to get less musical, less melodic, and use less and less technique over time to the point where he's gone from some catchy solos on Puppets and Justice (I think, anyway) to nothing more at all than trem-picked chromaticisms embellished with a tone control (the aforementioned wah pedal).

I realize there are 1000 other metal bands/people more deserving of discussion than this bit of old-and-stale, but Mr. Crammett is still making a lot of money and he was brought up in another thread, and that triggered this along with my deciding to hate him.

strongly worded and accurate.

9/10

• Members

seriously, does he have a medical condition that makes him act and sound like a 7-year-old in a spelling bee?

I saw him on that Discovery Channel show with the high speed cameras that show you everything slowed down, with his little bitch voice all struggling for words and looking like he didn't even know how to play his own guitar and I can't remember the last time I just wanted to start beating the {censored} out of anyone so much. A real metal millionaire guitar hero.

• Members

Agreed, except I think he USED to be a good guy. I think he has gotten really arrogant and insecure at the same time. You should see how he exploded over him not being able to play a riff. And then blaming it on the amp. He won't admit it because hes behind this wall of fame and praise, but its that very constant source saying he is great which creates what he now lacks. The necessary skepticism of himself and individual freedom of self esteem which with it brings. He isn't allowing himself to be humble, because he is ruthlessly expected to be something else. So you are seeing a natural reaction of fear for any failures. That combined with Lars turning anybody into a {censored}bowl.

• Members

All I have to say is that he is overrataed. He relies on the same blues, pentatonic, wah fueled solos over and over, and people still seem to love it. Wheras his thrash metal contemporaries (e.g. Mustaine, Skolnick) don't always play that same old rehashed {censored} over and over, and try new stuff.

• Members

@grunge,

I can see how such a psychosis can affect the music but if it is actually the source of his childlike regression and his acting like a little bitch, and is really debilitating him to the point where he acts and sounds like a 7-year-old in a spelling bee then he is a hair trigger from axe murder as a hobby and needs to be institutionalized or at least have "the wall" you described knocked down, which includes having the millions and the ranches taken away and redistributed to the poor, and to me.

• Members

@grunge,

I can see how such a psychosis can affect the music but if it is actually the source of his childlike regression and his acting like a little bitch, and is really debilitating him to the point where he acts and sounds like a 7-year-old in a spelling bee then he is a hair trigger from axe murder as a hobby and needs to be institutionalized or at least have "the wall" you described knocked down, which includes having the millions and the ranches taken away and redistributed to the poor, and to me.

LMAO:lol::lol:.

Honestly he would probably be better off. The only healthy person in that band is James. The bassist hasn't been in there long enough to tell.

• Members

Their best days are behind them, man. This happens to nearly *every* band out there. Why can no one seem to grasp that? There will NEVER be another Master of Puppets. Just be glad there was one in the first place. Yet somehow I expect as long as they keep packing arenas and stadiums....(dun dun DAAH)- they'll keep playing!!

• Members

In SKOM he seemed like the voice of reason. Het and Oilrig had some serious issues concerning control and lack thereof...

I totally agree that his playing has deteriorated, MOP and Justice had some good, composed solos. Maybe he`s not that into it anymore?

Archived