If you ever wanted to see inside Jet City's 1x12...

Mind Riot

• Members

Bought a new speaker for this cab so I thought I'd take a few shots while it was opened up.

JetCityOpen.jpg

JetCityOpen2.jpg

Looks solid to me. :thu:

Here's the back panel both sides. It's plywood rather than chip board or MDF.

JetCityBackPanel.jpg

JetCityBackPanelFlipped.jpg

The driver is held in place by four machine screws that screw into threaded inserts in the baffle. I've had four different speakers in this cab and they still tighten down nicely.

Sorry for the bad focus here, it's my new camera that I'm still getting used to. The baffle is also plywood, I don't know if you can see the plys in the cutout with this pic but they're there.

JetCityBaffle.jpg

Another bad focus one, the replacement speaker. It's a WGS Retro 30.

JetCityWGSRetro30.jpg

And here it is back in my humble little recording rig. :)

JetCityRig.jpg

Just thought some folks might want to see the inside of one of these before buying. It looks like it's all ply construction and it seems very nicely made to me. The stock speaker, though I'm replacing it, is not bad by any stretch. Very nice little lightweight 1x12 for $130. :thu:

• Members

That looks pretty awesomely built man!
:thu:

They still don't have a vertical 2x12 do they? Sitting it on its side doesn't have the panache it should....

308_480_wide.jpg

Waiting for these to hit the street so I can throw cash at Doug.

• Members

308_480_wide.jpg

Waiting for these to hit the street so I can throw cash at Doug.

OH GOD YES I FORGOT THOSE ARE COMING OUT! :love:

*starts fapping furiously* Wait...wat?

Your avatar approves of your purchase Mindriot. :thu:

• Members

Still, that's over $250 more than the horizontal cabs. I want another vert 2x12...but...I don't know if I want one that badly.

It's cause of the V30s. Doug said that he might consider releasing them with the JCA house speakers for a lot less. I'm hoping he does.

• Members

It's cause of the V30s. Doug said that he might consider releasing them with the JCA house speakers for a lot less. I'm hoping he does.

Look the link above. Doesn't matter which speakers you choose. Price doesn't change. I REALLY hope Doug changes this. :cry:

• Members

Yeah, and its understandable they'd cost more. If I didn't suck at guitar, I'd care more about the V30s. Since I do completely suck at guitar, the regular JCA drivers will be fine for me. :lol:

• Members

Morning. We can do this cab for a lot less with our JCA Eminence in it. Could also do it with a black grill. Interested?

:idk:

I also only glanced at the speakers on that link (the little slot machine view on my phone is annoying to scroll through) but I didn't even see the Jet City branded speakers as an option.

• Members

:idk:

I also only glanced at the speakers on that link (the little slot machine view on my phone is annoying to scroll through) but I didn't even see the Jet City branded speakers as an option.

They are not. Celestion, Eminence, and WGS.

• Members

And this is why a generic JCA vertical 2x12 with the stock Eminence speakers! Doug! Please grant us our wish!

Yes, that verticle 2x12 with the normal speakers would be ideal. I would buy two the day they became available. At 499 it's a toss up, and at 699 I'll go with Splawn.

• Members

i want a 112 or vertical 212 for my music room at the hosue so i can just take the head back and forth.

this 112 looks legit. if they can bring the price down on the vertical 212, ill be on that instead. his decision on this price issue is basically if he wants more or less money. if i wanted to drop that coin on a cab, id go orange.

Archived