Emulated output on Marshall TSL not working

catscurlyear

• Members

As someone who previously owned a TSL and tried to use the emulated output:

It's better this way. Just move on with your life.

It's not worth the money to fix.

I'm inclined to agree. Speaker emulated outputs ALWAYS sound awful. If you're playing live, don't bother with it. It's really not going to be beneficial to have that signal running through the PA. Just mic the cab. If you're recording, use the line out and IRs in your DAW.

• Members
I'm inclined to agree. Speaker emulated outputs ALWAYS sound awful. If you're playing live, don't bother with it. It's really not going to be beneficial to have that signal running through the PA. Just mic the cab. If you're recording, use the line out and IRs in your DAW.

i aree with you i would never use a line out in a live situation for a guitar . that particular head has been demoted to studio duties, suits it better in there ,and i was just wanting to experiment with the line out ,it used to work but suddenly dosn`t ,i don`t like taking gear to tech`s, if i can fix it myself i will .

• Members

i aree with you i would never use a line out in a live situation for a guitar . that particular head has been demoted to studio duties, suits it better in there ,and i was just wanting to experiment with the line out ,it used to work but suddenly dosn`t ,i don`t like taking gear to tech`s, if i can fix it myself i will .

Google "cabinet impulse responses" if you're not familiar with them already and give them a shot with the line out. I guarantee you it will sound a billion times better than the emulated out. :thu:

• Members

Google "cabinet impulse responses" if you're not familiar with them already and give them a shot with the line out. I guarantee you it will sound a billion times better than the emulated out.
:thu:

do you have to load the impulse response into a amp sim like guitar rig or can you load it into a reverb like cubase`s reverence which works on impulse reponses.

• Members

do you have to load the impulse response into a amp sim like guitar rig or can you load it into a reverb like cubase`s reverence which works on impulse reponses.

It doesn't have to be an amp sim. I'm not familiar with that Cubase plugin, but I know that impulse responses model acoustics/rooms too, so I bet it would work (if it will load IRs as .wav files).

• Members

It doesn't have to be an amp sim. I'm not familiar with that Cubase plugin, but I know that impulse responses model acoustics/rooms too, so I bet it would work (if it will load IRs as .wav files).

yes i think it will simulate a cab, cause now i remember i tried something similar once with the impulse of an auratone speaker which i was told to load into reverence and it did work. thanks for that .

• Members

yes i think it will simulate a cab, cause now i remember i tried something similar once with the impulse of an auratone speaker which i was told to load into reverence and it did work. thanks for that .

No problem! Post some clips sometime. :thu:

Archived