Do you think Slash ever gets tired of the Tophat?

charveldan

• Members

Yes, I think he prefers speed knobs these days.

laughing_jesus_1%5B1%5D.jpg

• Members

I am sure that to this day he extends that hat a laurel and hardy handshake whenever he puts it on. It is part of what made him recognizable in an age where most people had to be attractive to reach celebrity status. The weird hat took the focus of that face and those teeth that screamed, "who the {censored} needs a bottle opener?"

The fact that he is a monster player was lost on the average music listener. I {censored} you not, without that hat he would have just been any other guitar player.

• Members

I am sure that to this day he extends that hat a laurel and hardy handshake whenever he puts it on. It is part of what made him recognizable in an age where most people had to be attractive to reach celebrity status. The weird hat took the focus of that face and those teeth that screamed, "who the {censored} needs a bottle opener?"

The fact that he is a monster player was lost on the average music listener.
I {censored} you not, without that hat he would have just been any other guitar player.

Yeah, if Eddie Van Halen, Eric Clapton and BB King didn't wear awesome hats nobody would know who they are either.:p:p

Archived