No load question

Robson780

• Members

Yesterday I had the master on my 2 channel Dual Rec up pretty high (around 1:30) and played for a couple hours with no problems. Then right at the end, I noticed the sound fizzle out. I hit a chord or two after it cut out before I ceased playing. I stood there for a second wondering what was up, before I realized that the speaker cable vibrated its tip out of the cab's jack. (Has this even happened to anyone?) I then quickly fired the amp on standby, plugged the cable back in.

When I took it back off standby, it seemed fine.. no obvious changes in tone, no smells... The cable was out of the jack for maybe 10-15 seconds.. did I get lucky or will there be problems down the road? I have heard that Mesas are a bit more resilient than other amps.

• Members

I have a feeling it was possibly the speaker cable ends. The jacks on the cab are Neutrik so they're quality.

Also I found afterward that the jack plate itself wasn't tightened down securely, so the only thing I can think of is the plate was vibrating a lot more than usual because of it not being secure, and it just managed to vibrate the plug out of the first tab in the input jack.

Archived