Stoner/Doom/Desert/whatever rock fans... Check out my band.

orangekick

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Fiscal View Post
thumb.gif I dig it.

Gear run down?
The guitar in the right speaker is me. That's my '77 Les Paul Standard w/The Creamery "Dirty Shirt" humbuckers.

My pedalboard consisted of:
EH Micro POG
Catalinbread Octapussy
EQD Grand Orbiter phaser
EQD Rainbow Machine
MXR Stereo Chorus
MXR Phase 90
Korg Pitchblack tuner
Digitech Stereo Jamman
Boss RE-20
TC Electronics Trinity reverb
Line 6 Echo Park

I used nothing but my Rockerverb 100 through my Mojo 4x12 cab. That cab is loaded with 2 Eminence P50E's and two Celestion Vintage 30L's. I was miked up with an SM 57, an MD421 and another that escapes me at the moment.

The other guitar was primarily an early 90's Les Paul Custom, stock pickups. He used a Tele that he put together as well, but I have no idea what's in it. haha...

His pedalboard consists of a Mojohand Colossus fuzz, Dwarfcraft The Internet OD, Whetstone phaser, Fender reverb, Wampler Faux Tape Echo.

He mostly ran an Ampeg V4 through a Matamp 4x12 with Hot 100's, same mics as me.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by karlw View Post
Nice! Really dig the recording - very dimensional.
Thank you. We put a lot of thought into it and we've been working on tones as well as tunes.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundstorm View Post
Sounds good Dave! Good to hear some new stuff from you thumb.gif
Thanks! It's good to have the guitar back on and the amp cranked up. thumb.gif

Quote Originally Posted by koen77 View Post
i like it, the recording sounds amazing, not easy to record such dense music.
It's not easy to maintain a balance. We've been lucky that we're all happy to tweak things so that everything sounds good together.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Picklebottom

View Post

the cookie monster/ crabcore vocal parts caught me off guard and made me laugh but i liked most of it.

Eh. We're a diverse group. Three of us have spent a lot of time playing metal as well as other types of music. We end up going where the music takes us. The vocalist has been leaning more towards singing than anything lately. We'll see how that pans out.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by GREC View Post
Nice! Wondered what you sounded like. Yeah I'm one of those older dudes that's perplexed by the cookie monster vocals, but musically you guys are right on.
Just missed yinz at the pub a few months ago with Sistered & October. We are playing with Outsideinside next week...

http://www.reverbnation.com/drugula
I'm perplexed by the fact that anyone would call any of these vocals cookie monster. They're just aggressive vocals. confused.gif (I'm old too.)

Anyway... Like I said, there are a few spots where he's switching to singing instead of screaming or anything like that, so we'll see where that goes. There are definitely a few places where the vocals just have to get aggressive. It just fits the music.

Archived