Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

SoooooOo I'm not a Crapple fanboy but I'm also not too keen on Microtheft either ....

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoooooOo I'm not a Crapple fanboy but I'm also not too keen on Microtheft either ....

... along with Faceplant, Anazom, ebutt and Gaggle. They are all out for one thing and one thing only. To steal as much of your personal information as possible.

So I have Win10 pro and I thought it was a nice friendly system. It's fast, easy to get around on and easy to configure for the most part. So I noticed when I downloaded pictures, I would get a popup saying HEY! you!!! we created a nice album for you.

I thought, ... oh yeah, whatever and pretty much just ignored it. Here I thought they were slapping some photo album together somewhere on my PC, but nooOOoo !! they were putting all my personal photos, documents, email downloads and anything else they can get their sticky little fingers on out on their stupid CLOUD!! I have TAX return info out there on Microsoft's cloud!!!!!

In fact, one time I plugged in a storage hard drive to access something off it and Microsoft secretly up loaded half of it to their stinking cloud

Even if I didn't have Win 10 ... say I had a Mac and sent some doc to some bonehead with Win 10 .... guess what??? That document is going out on the internet wayyyyy way down the path, past the old barn by the split in the road and then about 70 billion miles past that.

So, I'm trying to undo the damage. I just wanted to phoast this in case someone else here uses crappy windows 10 and is unaware of their sneaky policies.

There is an alternative:

‚Äč
    "Gimme a Pigfoot and a Bottle of Beer"

Comment

Tweedy, whatever you do, don't get droopbox...and get a good firewall installed, not the Microtheft one.

Willie, your images didn't stick...
      "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Solipsism is the new empiricism. -Alan Burdick

Comment

Originally posted by daddymack View Post
        Willie, your images didn't stick...
        Interesting, it shows up in Chrome but not Firefox (at least on my machine).

It was just a picture of a T-shirt suggesting the use of Linux.
        "Gimme a Pigfoot and a Bottle of Beer"

Comment

ah...yes Linux has been a long-time alternative to both, and yet has not captured the market share it is capable of...
          "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Solipsism is the new empiricism. -Alan Burdick

Comment

Working...
          X