No announcement yet.

Do smart phones annoy you?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do smart phones annoy you?

Do other people who are in love with their smart phones make you want to punch them in the face?
    Do people who text and drive make you want to ram your car in to them and shove them off into a ditch and then grab their phone and ram it down their throat?
    Do people who are walking around talking out loud where you think they are crazy, but then notice some ear bud thing crunched into their ear make you want to stuff that thing all the way into their ear and deep into that airless punching bag they have sitting there on their shoulders?
    Do people in the store you are jabbering out loud on their phones make you want to pick up their shopping cart and slam it over their head?
    And do the people who are sitting stopped at a green light yacking away make you want to ram their car and smoke your tires shoving them across the intersection to get them to move?

Wow! You ppl need to lighten up .

I just got a new smart phone to replace my old 2013 vintage Motorola model. Really the only reason is the new phones have spectacular cameras and sometimes you are at a spot and see a great shot but can't get it because you have no camera. So, this new phone should fix that little problem. Actually it's a 2017 model Pixel 2 because I'm not going to pay more than $275 for a new phone

So, what are you using these days and are you ready for an ungrade or down grade back to a flip phone, rotary or smoke signals?

Why, yes, they do.

I once had an idea for a game I called the BluetoothBitchslap game. Very simple, fun to play AND cathartic. All you need is a can of spray paint and a measuring tape. The rules are very straight forward. Whenever you are engaged in a conversation with someone and you suddenly realize that they are no longer speaking to you but to someone else via their in ear blue tooth device, play may begin at that point. You use the can of spray paint to outline one of their feet. (Starting point) Either foot will do. Then, you reach back and deliver a roundhouse whack up side the noggin. The whack must be applied to the opposite side of the noggin from the blue tooth device. Where ever the blue tooth device comes to rest is designated the "Ending point". You then use the tape to measure from the starting point (outline of foot) to the ending point (blue tooth ear bud). You may use either metric or imperial units. It doesn't matter as long as all participants are in agreement. One inch/cm equals one point. At the end of the week, the game players compare totals. Highest total wins.

Comment

Because it is illegal in this state to use your phone while driving, unless you are a on hands free system [which we have in all our cars], when I see someone holding their phone, I honk the horn, long and loud, repeatedly.

I laughed the other day...a woman was at a traffic light, phone in one hand, lip gloss in the other, I was on her left, and an LAPD unit pulled up on her right. The light changed, I pulled away, she started to pull away when I heard the 'whhoooop-whhooop!', the lights were on and she was pulled over...that just doesn't happen often enough.

We will be upgrading our phones later this year to be ready for 5G implementation.whatever that is...
      "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Solipsism is the new empiricism. -Alan Burdick

Comment

I used to be annoyed by the "Oh, wait, they're talking to someone else" thing but I guess I'm used to it now. My phone is a low end LG. For the most part the only thing that bugs me about it are individual apps. Out of the blue, the texting app that came with the phone stopped sending. I refuse to use apps that include ads so my options for a replacement were limited. I'm currently using something called Simply Text. Not perfect but so far so good.
        Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
        Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
        Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
        Member of the Schecter Society
        Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

I am annoyed with smartphones and the folks that use them.

At the college I worked at kids were on them constantly. In class lectures, walking blindly down the all way.

I was on a walk tonight with my puppy and I was waiting in the crosswalk. Some chick on her cell pulled out in front of us. I waited for her too ( saw what she was doing while driving) and she kind of never looked as we started to cross the road. I jerked my puppy Luka back a bit.

If you have ever been to a festival or concert lately, people constantly talk and are standing around in circle jerks using their smartphones. The music is like a background nose to them.

Many kids these days don't even own cars, the just bum a lift from whoever they can get on their phone.

Me: I have a smartphone. I hate it, but it's nice to have and take pics and videos on.
          I don't need 24/7 aces to everything, so my plan is really cheap. It was just automatically paid today and cost me 24 bucks. It's through Spectrum, which I have for TV, interweb and a landline. TV is really getting to be a costly joke. I watch no TV shows on a regular basis, outside of the local news.

Samsung Galaxy 9s, I think, but I forget what it really is. It has a pretty big screen so I can read it. My close up vision isn't getting any better.

If I forget it at home no biggie. I have no music on mine. There might be some free games.

The local grocery store now has an app to help me spend my money.

I probably wouldn't even have a smartphone, but I feel like some backwoods bozo not having one these days.

Last edited by Mikeo; 06-16-2019, 07:25 PM.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

Smartphones don't annoy people. People with smartphones annoy people.
            (and something about outlaws and cold, dead hands)
            "Gimme a Pigfoot and a Bottle of Beer"

Comment

People that have no common sense or decency + smartphones = total idiots

People that use smartphones responsibly = legend
              Last edited by Grant Harding; 06-17-2019, 05:33 AM.

Comment

...and you whipper snappers get off my lawn and turn down that infernal racket!!!!!

Comment

I’m still using an original iPhone 5. I replaced the battery about a year ago, but other than that, it just keeps on going. I’ll probably replace it after Apple comes out with a 5g phone.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
                  - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
                  - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
                  - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

I had a Galaxy S, then a Galaxy S4, then an S9. They're all still working.

I do > 90% of my forum posting on mine using swype text input.

Comment

If you think things are bad in USA, come visit Thailand... clueless zombies staring at their electronic teats walking down crowded sidewalks... as I walk past I say "wake up" if urge hits. Line of around 30 waiting for van transport, maybe 2 not staring at screen. Feel like getting bag of candies and hand out to non viewers without comment. Couples on "dates": pointed out to Thai wife last night: "Look at that idiot. He's out for dinner with attractive young lady & all his attention is on that screen. Can that phone make dinner for him if he gets that far?".
                      Smart phones "evolved" faster than social etiquette. Few things more rude than playing with phone while with another live human. Smart phones are like masturbation IMO: best done alone at home if you feel the need. And unlike jerking off, smart phones will make you dumber. Can't navigate, read a map, make a decision, explore the unknown or just be "present".
                      I have a smart phone, but only use for calls. Rarely for text "Hey, great invention that phone thing, talking to someone else at a distance. Let's use it like step back telegraph".
                      I was kicked out of music class for passing notes...
                      Tuned out, turned in and dropped off

Comment

Androids are the worst !!!
                        How many guitarists does it take to screw in a lightbulb ? Five , one to screw it in , hit the switch and four to sit around bragging how much better they could have done it !!!! 😱👹😲

Comment

Originally posted by AJ6stringsting View Post
                          iPhones are the worst, you say? Agree completely.

Comment

Originally posted by AJ6stringsting View Post
                            reported

I just got a new pixel 2 ... which is actually pretty good overall. I like that you can tell that lady in the phone to remind you to do something or to take the trash out or something like that, and she will. She'll even play AC/DC Back in Black if you want, she has the record right there cued up waiting for you to ask. Amazing!!

So, the current phone, the 2018 Pixel 3 is like $650 bucks new ... at least the best price I could find, but the 2017 Pixel 2 was like $259 new, so I thought it was a dang good deal ... but the main reason for the upgrade is the newer phones have a much better camera than my old 2013 Moto X ... so that alone is worth it because there are many times that I see a good shot but don't have my DSLR with me and the phone will sort of capture a good version of it, maybe. Anyway, usually I just use phone to make a call or two, but now this one might be handy for GPS maps or other things

Comment

Originally posted by Emory View Post
                              If you think things are bad in USA, come visit Thailand... clueless zombies staring at their electronic teats walking down crowded sidewalks... as I walk past I say "wake up" if urge hits. Line of around 30 waiting for van transport, maybe 2 not staring at screen. Feel like getting bag of candies and hand out to non viewers without comment. Couples on "dates": pointed out to Thai wife last night: "Look at that idiot. He's out for dinner with attractive young lady & all his attention is on that screen. Can that phone make dinner for him if he gets that far?".
                              Smart phones "evolved" faster than social etiquette. Few things more rude than playing with phone while with another live human. Smart phones are like masturbation IMO: best done alone at home if you feel the need. And unlike jerking off, smart phones will make you dumber. Can't navigate, read a map, make a decision, explore the unknown or just be "present".
                              I have a smart phone, but only use for calls. Rarely for text "Hey, great invention that phone thing, talking to someone else at a distance. Let's use it like step back telegraph".
                              I want to install a Mack truck airhorn in my car for those zombies that are texting at a red light and it turns green. I'll probably just blow the horn during the red light and see if they'll run it.

Comment

Working...
                              X